Sarah Warman Hirschfield

Williams_Twitter_Profile

Q&A with James Williams, author of the Class of 2023 Pre-read

The Daily Princetonian spoke with James Williams, author of the Class of 2023 Pre-Read, “Stand Out of Our Light: Freedom and Resistance in the Attention Economy,” about his book. Williams worked as a technology and business strategist at Google for ten years and recently received his Ph.D. from the University of Oxford. The interview has been edited for clarity and length.

alone-bills-cash-1435192.jpg

Princeton couple allegedly defrauded town residents, members of their social circles

On Tuesday, Jan. 29, the New Jersey Bureau of Securities filed a lawsuit against an alumni couple, alleging that they raised more than $5 million between Jan. 2012 and Jan. 2014 through loans and fraudulent sales of unregistered securities to investors in at least five states, including selling at least $1,910,000 of unregistered securities in New Jersey alone.

More articles »

Students protest new Woodrow Wilson installation, institutional racism

On Oct. 5, 2019, students staged a protest and teach-in directly after President Eisgruber gave remarks about Woodrow Wilson’s legacy in front of a new installation, “Double Sights,” created by Walter Hood, which the Wilson Legacy Review Committee recommended to “educate the campus community and others about both the negative and positive dimensions of Wilson’s complex legacy,” according to the event description. Dannelle Gutarra Cordero, a lecturer in African American Studies, gave a speech, followed by an alumnus and current students. Video by Sarah W. Hirschfield. www.dailyprincetonian.com

NEWS | 04/23/2024

More media »