Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Josephine de La Bruyere

Articles

Wrestling routs Rider, places fifth at Midlands

Heading into a new decade, no, 12 Princeton wrestling didn’t pump the brakes. In the past three weeks, Tiger wrestling earned NCAA Team of the Week honors for routing no. 25 Rider University 25—9 and placed fifth, the highest of any Ivy League program, at the grueling 35-team Ken Kraft Midlands Championship. 

Tiger Tots: Annabel and Rosemarie Luijendijk

In the first installment of Tiger Tots, the Daily Princetonian interviews Annabel and Rosemarie Luijendijk, the six-year-old twin daughters of Professor of Religion and Head of Wilson College, AnneMarie Luijendijk. 

Burn the ships: wrestling looks ahead to 2019-2020 season

Last year, No. 11 Princeton wrestling pulled off what head coach Christopher Ayres called “the greatest collegiate athletic turnaround of all time.” The team had spent the year urging their fans to #GetIn: to buy into their program, to hop on board before the bandwagon did. Now Princeton wrestling is back, and the Tigers aren’t satisfied. Getting in isn’t enough. They want to burn the ships.

"Preparing for the battlefield”: Athletics and leadership in ROTC

They woke up as first-years and seniors, history majors and engineers, Oklahomans and Connecticut natives. They pulled on standard-issue shirts, shorts, socks, strapped on their running watches. Some of them double-checked to make sure their shaves were clean. And somewhere in the walk from each of their dorms to Jadwin Gym, that group of individual students became something else entirely: a platoon of Army cadets. 

Legacies of Service: John Hurley ’86 and George Hurley ’22

Ret. Captain John Hurley graduated from the University in 1986 as an ROTC Cadet, Chairman of The Daily Princetonian, and with a degree in history. He went on to serve as an artillery officer in South Korea and fought in the first Gulf War. After his army service, Hurley went to Stanford Business School. Today, Hurley runs Cavalry Asset Management, an investment firm based in San Francisco and Hong Kong. His son, Cadet Sergeant George Hurley, is a sophomore at the University. Also enrolled in the ROTC program, George intends to follow his father in pursuing a degree in history.

Media