Thursday, October 28

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Check out the Frosh Survey results

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

McCosh Health Center
Julian Gottfried / The Daily Princetonian

Princeton inadvertently releases information on thousands of students, faculty, staff

Despite sharing information on employment status and COVID-19 testing status, the document did not reveal any vaccination data or COVID-19 test results.

A COVID-19 saliva test taken on campus
Zachary Shevin / The Daily Princetonian

COVID-19 risk status marked ‘Low,’ change to mask guidance possible

The University’s COVID-19 dashboard classified campus risk status for the virus as “Low.”  In an email sent Wednesday, University health officials noted that mask guidances may change in November if students remain “vigilant.”

Angel Kuo / The Daily Princetonian

Classics professor’s lawsuit against academic society dismissed by New Jersey court

The judge found that the suit failed to meet the requisite standards for jurisdiction in federal court in New Jersey, but did not rule on the merits of Katz’s claims. The decision leaves the door open for Katz to refile his suit against the ACLS in New York, where the society is based.

Maria Ressa ’86 visited The Daily Princetonian’s newsroom in 2019.

Maria Ressa ’86 awarded 2021 Nobel Peace Prize

She was awarded the prize with Russian journalist Dmitry Muratov for their mutual “efforts to safeguard freedom of expression, which is a precondition for democracy and lasting peace.”

Kennedy Mattes ’23, founder of the Expungement Initiative

New student initiative spreads awareness on marijuana criminal record expungement in New Jersey

Six months after New Jersey officially legalized marijuana, a new student initiative on campus aims to spread awareness about criminal record expungement for formerly incarcerated people statewide.

Frist Campus Center
Abby de Riel / The Daily Princetonian

One COVID-19 disciplinary case adjudicated on campus, amid “very limited transmission”

When asked if a date has been set for the next update on masking requirements, Hotchkiss said in an email that “the current masking policy will remain in effect until further notice.”

Marie-Rose Sheinerman/ The Daily Princetonian

Cannabis Task Force ‘overwhelmingly’ favors dispensary in town. Some residents push back.

In a Saturday public meeting at Hinds Plaza, members of the Princeton Cannabis Task Force discussed dispensary locations, thus encountering some pushback from certain members of the town with reservations regarding the new measures.

The Remembrance Bell at the entrance of the 9/11 Memorial Garden.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

On 20th anniversary of 9/11, Princeton community gathers to honor alumni lost

Community members gathered early Saturday to honor the 14 Princetonians whose lives were lost 20 years ago on Sept. 11, 2001 in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

A COVID-19 saliva test taken on campus
Zachary Shevin / The Daily Princetonian

So far, Princeton’s contact tracing reveals no on-campus transmission

One week into classes, some students have already gone through the University’s contact tracing process. But so far, “based on contact tracing and analysis,” viral transmission at the University does not seem to be an issue, according to Deputy University Spokesperson Michael Hotchkiss.  

One week into classes, some students have already gone through the University’s contact tracing process. But so far, “based on contact tracing and analysis,” viral transmission at the University does not seem to be an issue, according to Deputy University Spokesperson Michael Hotchkiss.   

More articles »

Cornel West, Robert George talk free speech, campus memory, and courage

In a wide-ranging interview, Associate News & Features Editor Marie-Rose Sheinerman sat down with Professor of Jurisprudence Robert George and Professor Emeritus Cornel West GS’80 to discuss the two scholars’ recent op-ed in The Boston Globe, “On Honesty and Courage”. In the piece, the two long-time friends called on former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump — along with the American people — to uphold the aforementioned values during this difficult moment for our nation. In the interview, George and West discuss the renaming of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, formerly known as the Woodrow Wilson School; recent controversy surrounding an op-ed by Professor Joshua Katz; campus memory of the Black Justice League, a Black student activist group; historical figures the two believe ought be elevated; and the importance of diverging from mainstream perspectives, no matter the social consequences. Editing by Mark Dodici ’22. www.dailyprincetonian.com

NEWS | 10/28/2021

More media »