Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

Articles

Students, community members protest India's Citizenship Amendment Act

The teach-in and protest was organized by undergraduate students and aimed to stand in solidarity with student-led protests in India that began at Jamia Millia Islamia and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). In recent weeks, the Indian government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has cracked down on protestors, with 25 deaths reported as of Jan. 10. 

USG releases climate progress report by Sustainability Task Force

The progress report comes on the heels of a proposed USG referendum that would establish a standing Sustainability Committee. Wayner ‘22 said she views getting this referendum on the ballot as the  Sustainability Task Force’s single greatest accomplishment. 

Levit ’20, Visser ’20 awarded 2020 Schwarzman Scholarship

Levit and Visser will join a class of 145 scholars that hail from 41 countries, selected globally from a pool of 4,700 applicants. Scholars pursue a one-year master’s degree in Global Affairs with a core curriculum focused on three pillars: China, global affairs, and leadership.

Tiger Confessions shut down days shy of first birthday

In her announcement email to moderator applicants, Hu encouraged looking toward the new ‘Looped’ app as a replacement resource. She noted that the University alums who developed the start-up” created a moderator process that would be “less time consuming and stressful.” 

CupcakKe retires from music eight days after Lawnparties

On Monday, Sept. 23, hours before she was scheduled to perform at a club in Orlando, Fla., the rapper CupcakKe announced to fans that she is retiring from music in a tearful Instagram live video. Her announcement came just eight days after her performance on the University campus, where she headlined Fall Lawnparties, organized by the Undergraduate Student Government.

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta talks journalism, Trump administration

Jim Acosta called the election an “imperfect storm” and admitted that “we,” in reference to CNN and other major news networks, gave candidate Trump too much airtime and live coverage, a mistake they plan to correct in the future with “more sophisticated coverage” and “fact-checking.”

Media