Monday, September 28

Previous Issues

Subscribe to Fall Print Issues
High School Journalists: Register today for our Journalism Workshop

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

McCosh Health Center.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

PHAs adjust annual Safer Sexpo to COVID-19 realities with ‘emphasis on solo sex’

“With a virtual semester and the ongoing pandemic, we wanted to make sure to reflect the reality that people are engaging less frequently (if at all) in in-person sex behaviors and that COVID transmission is a potential risk if people do engage in person, and to cover safer alternatives,” University Health Services Health Promotion Specialist Janine Mascari wrote in an email to The Daily Princetonian.

Courtesy of Kwanza Jones ’93 and José Feliciano ’94

Jones ’93, Feliciano ’94 make U. history with $20M donation

For Jones and Feliciano, their gift is about making clear to students and alumni that “Princeton is a place for all of us.”

For Jones and Feliciano, the gift was sparked by a change they saw in the University’s culture of inclusivity. “As we saw the University embrace the whole alumni body, we felt more enthused and excited about reciprocating,” Feliciano explained.

Times reporter Astead Herndon talks newsroom diversity, 2020 election coverage

New York Times national political reporter Astead W. Herndon talked the 2020 election, the deficits of today’s political journalism, and the importance of forging his own path during a Whig-Clio Zoom event Tuesday.

New York Times national political reporter Astead W. Herndon talked the 2020 election, the deficits of today's political journalism, and the importance of forging his own path during a Whig-Clio Zoom event Tuesday.

U. announces temporary expansion of employee child care assistance program

The purpose of the expansion is “helping employees pay for child care, Internet, computer and electronic equipment, or other related expenses necessary to support education at home for their children while they are working.”

U. ranked No. 1 American university by U.S. News for 10th consecutive year

While maintaining the title of “Best National University,“ the University lost its top spot in rankings of “Best Undergraduate Teaching” and “Best Value Schools.”

Courtesy of Matthew M. Brzycki

Dillon Gym opens to students on campus by reservation only

“I’m excited to go back because it helps keep me grounded during the semester, but at the same time I want to be sure it’ll be safe,” one student living on campus told the ‘Prince.’ 

The duplex at 15 Edwards Place now belongs in full to the Chabad House. Previously, Chabad occupied only half of the structure.
Courtesy of Scharf Family Chabad House

‘A house, not a building’: Chabad doubles its property near campus to accommodate growing demand

“The big house has become too small,” Rabbi Webb said, explaining that in recent years he has been forced to host Shabbat dinners outside of his home in a rented tent — “even in the dead of winter.”

More articles »

Cornel West, Robert George talk free speech, campus memory, and courage

In a wide-ranging interview, Associate News & Features Editor Marie-Rose Sheinerman sat down with Professor of Jurisprudence Robert George and Professor Emeritus Cornel West GS’80 to discuss the two scholars’ recent op-ed in The Boston Globe, “On Honesty and Courage”. In the piece, the two long-time friends called on former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump — along with the American people — to uphold the aforementioned values during this difficult moment for our nation. In the interview, George and West discuss the renaming of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, formerly known as the Woodrow Wilson School; recent controversy surrounding an op-ed by Professor Joshua Katz; campus memory of the Black Justice League, a Black student activist group; historical figures the two believe ought be elevated; and the importance of diverging from mainstream perspectives, no matter the social consequences. Editing by Mark Dodici ’22. www.dailyprincetonian.com

News | 09/28/2020

More media »