Friday, September 30

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

queerness box.png

Letter from the Editor: Help us understand how best to serve you

“With each passing year, new issues land on our pages, while others are reborn from previous generations. Unlike our predecessors, however, today’s student journalists must think in equal parts about how to capture these stories and deliver them to our readers.”

daily_princetonian_newsroom_angel_kuo

Letter from the Editor: Queer Remembrances, Queer Futures

“We conceive of this more than anything as an invitation to the queer community on campus. An invitation can only be truly genuine when it goes beyond empty words: The content curated for this issue represents a public record — and a public commitment — to elevating the voices and stories of queer folks in our pages.”

einstein-sculpture Candace Do DP (7).jpg

100 years after the Nobel: Introducing a special issue inspired by Einstein’s legacy

For more than 100 years, some Princetonians have stood at the forefront of scientific discovery. This week, we ask our readers to join us in celebrating their stories.

letter from editor.jpg

A community paper, building trust, and the stories that have yet to be told

“No one is better positioned to uplift a community’s stories — and to do so with respect, integrity, and empathy — than the people within it.”

McCosh

Princeton moves finals online, mandates boosters for spring semester amid COVID-19 uptick

Dean Dolan cited this “rise in our case counts just registered yesterday” as a reason for the University to take new measures at this juncture so that students would not have to stay on campus into Winter Break if they test positive.

effron center Candace Do DP (1).jpeg

Gift from Princeton trustee Effron ’84 allows mass expansion of American Studies program

“The creation of this center strengthens Princeton’s voice in the global dialogue on the complex and diverse meanings of what it means to be America, and American,” Beliso-De Jesús said.

Jadwin Booster Line

Community members wait hours for boosters, isolation housing expands amid COVID-19 spike

As COVID-19 cases and isolation dorm occupancy reach new highs, students and community members wait in line for hours to receive their booster shots. 

morrison_hall.jpg

Life after accusation: Inside Princeton's Honor Code

Every year, dozens of students come before the Honor Committee. In interviews with eight of the accused, we chronicle a story of spiraling mental health, institutionalized alienation, and renewed hopes for reform.

Toni Morrison

Historic Toni Morrison exhibition scheduled to open at Princeton in spring 2023

In the view of Chair of the English Department Simon Gikandi, the exhibition is “groundbreaking.” It will mark the first time “we have a panoramic view of the many sides of Morrison as a writer, an artist, and a book editor who almost single handedly chaperoned the canon of Black letters that emerged in the post-civil rights period,” Gikandi wrote to the ‘Prince.’

Robbie George (Robert P George)

Profs. George, Whittington rebuke University of Florida ban on faculty testifying on voting rights

After a week of outrage, the University of Florida has announced a reversal of its ban on professors providing expert testimony in cases involving the state government.

More articles »

Cornel West, Robert George talk free speech, campus memory, and courage

In a wide-ranging interview, Associate News & Features Editor Marie-Rose Sheinerman sat down with Professor of Jurisprudence Robert George and Professor Emeritus Cornel West GS’80 to discuss the two scholars’ recent op-ed in The Boston Globe, “On Honesty and Courage”. In the piece, the two long-time friends called on former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump — along with the American people — to uphold the aforementioned values during this difficult moment for our nation. In the interview, George and West discuss the renaming of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, formerly known as the Woodrow Wilson School; recent controversy surrounding an op-ed by Professor Joshua Katz; campus memory of the Black Justice League, a Black student activist group; historical figures the two believe ought be elevated; and the importance of diverging from mainstream perspectives, no matter the social consequences. Editing by Mark Dodici ’22. www.dailyprincetonian.com

NEWS | 09/30/2022

More media »