Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Check out the Frosh Survey results

Miguel Gracia-Zhang

An OA group on top of Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah Park, Virginia, in a non-pandemic year.
Thomas Morris ’20 for The Daily Princetonian

Orientation small group programs to occur in person, based on campus

Orientation’s small-group programs will be in-person and based on-campus this fall, according to an email sent to student leaders on Monday and obtained by The Daily Princetonian. 

Sir Paul McCartney, left, and Paul Muldoon, right
“Paul McCartney” by Jerzy Bednarski / CC BY 4.0
“Paul Muldoon” / CC BY 2.0 

Princeton professor Muldoon to edit Sir Paul McCartney's autobiography

Muldoon wrote the introduction for and edited “The Lyrics”, which is available for preorder for $100 and will be published Nov. 2 in the United States by Liveright and W.W. Norton. 

Paul McCartney performs.
 “Paul McCartney.jpg” by Jerzy Bednarski / CC BY-SA 4.0

“Who wants to present first?”: Sir Paul McCartney pays surprise visit to songwriting class

Sir Paul McCartney paid a visit to Professor Paul Muldoon’s ATL496 class, titled “How To Write A Song.” Joining under the name ‘Test Student,’ McCartney offered thorough feedback on each student’s work, often incorporating anecdotes from his time as a Beatle.

Sir Paul McCartney paid a visit to professor Paul Muldoon’s ATL496 class, titled “How To Write A Song.” Joining under the name “Test Student,“ McCartney offered thorough feedback on each student’s work, often incorporating anecdotes from his time as a Beatle. 

A sign outside of McCarter Theatre, usually used to promote upcoming shows, offers an optimistic view.
Julian Gottfried / The Daily Princetonian

With PPP loans and students on campus, local businesses are cautiously optimistic

The Daily Princetonian checked in with six local businesses to discuss rebound after the hardships of the spring, a continued need for economic lifelines, and a call to action for the Princeton community.

Un camión de comida afuera de Dodd Hall. 
Zachary Shevin / The Daily Princetonian

Después de una suspensión de diez meses, trabajadores subcontratados por Restaurant Associates reciben una oferta para empleo hasta la primavera

A principios de enero, trabajadores suspendidos fueron invitados a volver a trabajar temporalmente para ayudar a distribuir comida en camiones de comida y traer comida a los cuartos de estudiantes durante su cuarentena. Ahora han sido invitados a volver al trabajo hasta la primavera.

A protest outside FitzRandolph Gate on Saturday, Feb. 13 called for Princeton University to share its COVID-19 testing resources with residents of the town of Princeton and nearby communities. 
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Protestors demand expansion of Princeton COVID-19 community resources

Protestors demanded that the University expand free testing, contact tracing, and quarantine housing to all Princeton residents and that when vaccines become available, the University distribute them to county residents.

A food truck outside of Dodd Hall. 
Zachary Shevin / The Daily Princetonian

Following 10-month furlough, Restaurant Associates contract workers receive employment offer through spring

In early January, following a ten-month furlough, Restaurant Associates contract workers were invited to work on campus temporarily to help distribute meals in food trucks and bring food to students’ rooms during arrival quarantine. They have now been offered employment throughout the spring semester. 

Prospect House (pictured here), Palmer House, the EQuad Café, Genomics Café, and Café 701 all typically employ workers contracted through Restaurant Associates.

Princeton says it avoided COVID-19 furloughs and layoffs. For some contract workers, that isn’t the case.

According to those affected, around 50 Restaurant Associates contract workers have been furloughed since March, and at least five laid off. Feeling forgotten by the University, which has maintained pay and benefits for its direct employees, four furloughed workers shared their experiences with The Daily Princetonian.

More articles »