Support the Prince

Please disable AdBlock for our Domain. Thank You!

Sarah Warman Hirschfield

Articles

What you need to know about DACA recipients and the University

In September of 2017, as students left their homes all over the world to come to campus, the Trump administration announced it would begin to phase out the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which provides protections for individuals who were brought to the United States illegally as children. Since then, the University has engaged in a yearlong legal battle to protect DACA beneficiaries after the policy’s announced rescission.

Alumni reflect on food, friends, farce at eating clubs over the years

University alumni shared their experiences as members of eating clubs with The Daily Princetonian, reflecting on food, friends, and farce. Teri Noel Towe ’70, who bickered into Colonial Club, shared a story he kept quiet for 20 years: He and a friend pulled a prank on Ivy Club.

Police officers respond to report of shotgun in Lewis Library, but no threat found

On Sunday, May 20, a student studying in Lewis Library thought she overheard someone mention getting a shotgun and called the Department of Public Safety, which alerted the Princeton Police Department. Officers came to the library and evacuated the building, according to Daniel Day, the University assistant vice president for communications.

Potowski debunks myths surrounding Spanish in US

Presenting five statements about Spanish in the U.S., Kim Potowski, professor of Hispanic linguistics in the Hispanic and Italian studies department at the University of Illinois at Chicago, asked the audience: “¿chisme o verdad?” True or false?

Third judge rules in favor of U. in DACA lawsuit

On Tuesday, a third federal judge rejected the Trump administration’s justification for ending the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program, which protects undocumented immigrants who came to the country illegally as children, known as “dreamers.”

Eisgruber joins 62 university officials in endorsing free speech statement

On April 18, President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 joined 62 other university presidents and chancellors in affirming the value of free speech on college campuses at an Association of American Universities meeting in Washington, D.C. Eisgruber has been a vocal supporter of free speech during his presidency.

Media