Sarah Warman Hirschfield

Articles

Senate delegation calls for investigation of Carl Icahn ’57

Eight senators wrote a letter to the acting heads of the Futures Trading Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday calling for a federal investigation into Carl Icahn ‘57’s investment in the oil refiner CVR Energy, according to The New York Times. Carl Icahn ’57, a billionaire investor and generous donor to the University, is currently serving as President Donald Trump’s advisor. Icahn’s donations funded the Carl C.

Alumni launch TiGrrrHat Project

A group of alumnae have started an initiative to wear an orange-and-black version of the PussyHats worn at the Women’s March on Washington.

Racist flyers found on campus

On April 20, racist flyers were spotted in four places around campus, according to an email sent to University community members. This comes as similar posters have been found on other campuses across the country.

Democratic senators send letter on conflict of interest to Trump advisor Icahn '57

On March 27, several Democratic senators sent a letter to investor and business magnate Carl C. Icahn ’57 requesting he clarify his role as special advisor to President Donald Trump and respond to questions about conflicts of interest. This expression of concern over Icahn’s role in the administration follows an ongoing effort to establish a conflict of interest, raising ethical issues, that is created by this informal advisory position.

First federal judge rules in favor of Trump travel ban

On March 24, Judge Anthony Trenga ‘71 of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia ruled in favor of President Trump’s executive order that restricts travel from six Muslim-majority countries, making him the first federal judge to do so.