Support the Prince

Please disable AdBlock for our Domain. Thank You!

Sarah Warman Hirschfield

Articles

Potowski debunks myths surrounding Spanish in US

Presenting five statements about Spanish in the U.S., Kim Potowski, professor of Hispanic linguistics in the Hispanic and Italian studies department at the University of Illinois at Chicago, asked the audience: “¿chisme o verdad?” True or false?

Third judge rules in favor of U. in DACA lawsuit

On Tuesday, a third federal judge rejected the Trump administration’s justification for ending the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program, which protects undocumented immigrants who came to the country illegally as children, known as “dreamers.”

Eisgruber joins 62 university officials in endorsing free speech statement

On April 18, President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 joined 62 other university presidents and chancellors in affirming the value of free speech on college campuses at an Association of American Universities meeting in Washington, D.C. Eisgruber has been a vocal supporter of free speech during his presidency.

Students find Red Bull cans, ads under seats

On the morning of Wednesday, April 19, students sitting in the back row of McCosh 50 found energy drinks attached to the bottom of their seats along with promotional fliers.  “I turned and looked at all the seats, and there was a bunch of Red Bull taped under the desks,” Alex Reblando '18 said. “I thought it was a miracle."

U. students are swiping right for Cardi B

Don’t be surprised when you see students swiping away at their phones this week. They are swiping right — a “yes” signal — on the dating app Tinder in order to win a concert featuring stripper-turned-rapper Cardi B. But, according to the contest rules, only 200 students from the winning school can attend a performance given by the artist.

Media