Cara McCollum ’14 took home the crown at Saturday's Miss New Jersey pageant. The title earns McCollum a spot in September's Miss America competition. The Miss America Pageant will be returning to Atlantic City, N.J. after a seven-year run in Las Vegas, making McCollum's reign a particularly exciting one. "It's a great year to be Miss New Jersey," McCollum said.
Street got a chance to sit down with Miss New Jersey and talk about school, pageants and whether those beauty queens are as catty backstage as "Miss Congeniality" would have us believe.
Updated 6:00 p.m.: A bomb threat alert was issued by the University on Tuesday at 10:26 a.m. The campus was fully evacuated and remained closed throughout the afternoon. Only essential employees from Public Safety and Facilities were asked to remain on campus.
- U. announces eight new trustees
- Lee GS ’99 named next U. provost, first Asian-American to hold post
- Baseball: Cubs draft Hermans '13
- Rep. Holt to run for Lautenberg’s Senate seat in special election
- In her last commencement speech, Tilghman tells Class of 2013 to ‘aim high and be bold'
- Baccalaureate: Bernanke offers Princeton seniors advice on careers, romance and everything in between
- N.J. senator Lautenberg dies at 89
- Eisgruber ’83 lectures on importance of technology in learning
- Couple allegedly robbed near Engineering Quadrangle after stun gun threat
- Class Day speaker Remnick '81 speaks on luck, freedom and how Princeton changed his 'dim, denimed' self
- Chris Lu ’88 and Don Lu ’88 discuss challenges, benefits of being the ‘model minority’
- Senator Ted Cruz ’92 discusses experiences as conservative student at Princeton
- Tilghman, Eisgruber discuss transition at conversation with alumni
After winning the Ivy League Pitcher of the Year award two years ago and less than a week after graduating, Zak Hermans ’13 was drafted Saturday by the Chicago Cubs. The 6’2” righty is the third Tiger to be drafted in the last two years after fellow ace Matt Bowman ’14 and catcher Sam Mulroy ’12 were drafted by the New York Mets and Los Angeles Angels in the 2012 MLB Draft.