Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Daily Princetonian Staff

Articles

Trump takes credit for U. Annual Giving record

President Trump noted on Twitter today that the University’s Annual Giving campaign has had its most successful year yet. He also appeared to take some credit for alumni donations through this campaign, and promised there was “MUCH MORE TO COME!!”

U. alumnus awarded Purple Heart

On Thursday, Dec. 21, President Trump presented U.S. Army First Lieutenant Victor Prato ’15 with the Purple Heart. Trump visited Prato at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., where Prato is receiving treatment for his injuries. Prato, an airborne engineer, was seriously injured on Monday, Nov. 13, while deployed in Afghanistan when his convoy was struck by an improvised explosive device. He has been serving in the U.S. Army for two years, and served as a cadet in Princeton’s Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program.

Letter from the Editors: We invite you to share your opinions

With the start of this semester, we, the editors of The Daily Princetonian, welcome applications for our Opinion pages. From first-year students starting their second week of classes to graduate students nearing a dissertation, all voices matter to us, and we want to hear from you.

Letter from the Editors: Protect our students

Trump may end DACA as early as Sept. 1. We urge Trump not to end DACA without a suitable, compassionate, and permanent replacement and the University to bring DACA students back to campus before the Sept. 5 deadline imposed by the group of attorneys general who have threatened to sue the Trump administration. Let’s live up to our motto — “Princeton in the nation’s service and the service of humanity.”

What NOT to bring: Packing advice for the Class of 2021*

Your cat Hopes and dreams Expectations A snake Pleasure reading A desire for moist chicken A keychain for your room key Your ego Your Eggos Melatonin Your SAT scores - also AP, IB, ACT Your microwave Coins for the laundry machines Eye drops A distaste for the color orange The pre-read  A printer  High school apparel A boomerang, or other utterly impractical items from your home country A weak liver T-shirts (you’ll get enough for free) Daddy’s trust fund money Dignity Most species of bedbugs Boat shoes (why would you want to fit in, anyways?) Canada Goose Jacket An aversion to ice cream (it’s everywhere) A watch (you’ll never have enough time anyway) Sunglasses (like T-shirts, you’ll get a bunch of them for free) A framed portrait of Ted Cruz Ted Cruz A healthy appetite for free food Your health *This piece provides satirical advice for moving to Princeton.

U. affiliates contribute to C-SPAN historians’ survey of presidential leadership

C-SPAN released its third annual survey by historians of presidential leadership. The survey polled 91 historians, include three University historians, to rank the “43 former occupants of the White House on ten attributes of leadership,” according to a press release from Media Relations Specialist Robin Newton. University affiliates who participated include Politics Professor emeritus Fred Greenstein, author and Edwards Professor of American History, emeritus Nell Irvin Painter, and George Henry Davis 1866 Professor of American History, and Professor of History Sean Wilentz.