Wednesday, January 26

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories

José Pablo Fernández García

Email José Pablo Fernández García

The Prospect: 2021 year in review

In 2021, The Prospect saw Princeton’s arts and culture continue to flourish despite the difficulties of the year. As the year comes to a close, we look back on 25 articles, reviews, essays and much more that capture Princeton life over the past year.

José Pablo Fernández García / The Daily Princetonian

Living, when surviving

“While the darkest times of this pandemic existence — the strictest isolation, the initial grave worry over getting sick or worse, and so on — have required existing in survival mode, I’ve also managed to find moments to be alive since then.”

From 18 to 22 and all the time that’s left

Both thinking ahead and looking back, Associate Editor José Pablo Fernández García reflects on what to do with the time he has left at Princeton while reaching for a better understanding of how to view personal transformation.

An Ode to Course Offerings Day

In honor of the semesterly release of Course Offerings by the Office of the Registrar, for The Prospect, Associate Editor José Pablo Fernández García captures the excitement and possibility that a new slate of courses presents.

Princeton University’s September 11 memorial, located between East Pyne and Chancellor Green. 

Visiting Princeton’s 9/11 memorial, 20 years after the towers fell

Remembering is something so deeply ingrained into the physical campus in which we make our lives as Princeton students. Still, it’s so easy to walk through its arches and towers and halls without ever taking the time to really contemplate the people and stories the campus embodies.

The view as a spotlight operator for Triangle.

Triangle's Frosh Week Show and the future soon to begin

“In this instant, the most tangible change I feel is a resurging joy, almost childlike, after a somber year, all thanks to the promise of soon, finally, participating behind the scenes in the Triangle tradition that helped me fall in love with this school and this club when I was only an audience member.” 

A COVID-19 testing site during the University’s first week of asymptomatic testing in August 2020.
Courtesy of Denise Applewhite / Princeton University Office of Communications

FaceTime is not a plan: We need to be ready for quarantine and isolation

“Simply put, possibly having a friend FaceTime you into a class as Dean of the College Jill Dolan suggested at the recent Town Hall meeting is not a sufficient plan. And, in the absence of one, students and faculty must develop their own.”

It feels like America again

The Prospect associate editor José Pablo Fernández García wrestles with growing up in the age of mass shootings and how a return of such tragedies to the headlines grossly feels like a return to American normalcy.

Courtesy of Zach Wahls & Chloe Angyal

When a headline proposal works, sort of

Zach Wahls GS ’18 and Chloe Angyal ’09 tell the 'Prince' about their rom-com worthy relationship story, which all began with a deceivingly innocuous headline on a feminist blog.

More articles »