José Pablo Fernández García

Email José Pablo Fernández García

Penultimate Self Essay - JPFG.jpeg

For all the tigers’ teachers

“In my case, in the hardest of moments, it has been a teacher’s outstretched hand that has pulled me out and forward. I can think of so many little moments — moments so small I wonder if they even registered as consequential for them but were seismic for me.”

Chancellor Green - JPFG.jpeg

For all the tigers who love being tigers

“March 24, 2023, will go down as one of those days that somehow encapsulates everything I love about being a Princeton Tiger. It began with a thesis presentation, continued with a smiling singer, crescendoed on the basketball court, and dwindled with a quiet conversation heading home.”

Construction crane

Ants in a sandbox

“Everywhere one goes, everywhere one looks, there abound signs of something fraying, something so torn up and unsettled that it may erupt. It’s not just Princeton, but one’s very grasp of Princeton, that has been challenged, turned upside down: Princeton bouleversé.”

Thesis Binding

Catholic senior gives up thesis for Lent

HUMOR: “After Dean Dolan sent out that memo about respecting religious observances, I knew exactly what I had to do: follow my faith and fast for Lent. And by fast, I mean not work on my thesis, of course. It’s really distracting me from God,” Ther said.

TriTour 2023 - JPFG.jpeg

Passing by: On Triangle Tour 2023, Part Two

“As we all celebrated the successful conclusion of the tour, she turned to face me, awaiting a reply. I barely mustered a response; I’m not quick with words. But I too was happy as we returned, in the dark of night, street lamps, taillights, and city skylines passing by.”

Stag at Sharkey's - cropped CC0 1.0.jpg

First day to fraying: On Triangle Tour 2023, Part One

“Perfection is a funny concept. This venue wasn’t perfect by being as large and well-equipped as our familiar McCarter haunts; rather, it was perfect because it offered nearly every problem one can have on tour in a manageable dose.”

Campus Club Princetoween celebration Shirley Xue.jpg

Honor Committee forms subcommittee to investigate cheating in relationships

HUMOR: In a wholesale approach to the cheating “epidemic” on campus, administrators have approved a new subcommittee of the Honor Committee to investigate and punish students who cheat on their significant others. 

The Prospect Year in Review 2022 - Dom Media.png

The Prospect: Year in Review 2022

As the year comes to a close, we look back on the article, reviews, essays and more that capture the joint exploration and interrogation of our art and our lives as we pushed through towards 2023.

More articles »