Try our latest crossword

José Pablo Fernández García

Email José Pablo Fernández García

Campus Club Princetoween celebration Shirley Xue.jpg

Honor Committee forms subcommittee to investigate cheating in relationships

HUMOR: In a wholesale approach to the cheating “epidemic” on campus, administrators have approved a new subcommittee of the Honor Committee to investigate and punish students who cheat on their significant others. 

The Prospect Year in Review 2022 - Dom Media.png

The Prospect: Year in Review 2022

As the year comes to a close, we look back on the article, reviews, essays and more that capture the joint exploration and interrogation of our art and our lives as we pushed through towards 2023.

48 U front door - JPFG.jpeg

Love in the ‘Prince’ newsroom

“If I had found some love and support and connection in our virtual newsroom while we persevered through those darkest months, then the return to our newsroom on University Place let me see all those things flourish. There are an endless number of vignettes I could write about love in this college newsroom.”

Empty Niches - Photo 1.jpeg

Empty niches

All this from noticing an architectural quirk: these nine empty statuary niches led me along a year-long journey of observation and intrigued writes head editor José Pablo Fernández García in a visual journey through history and memory on campus.

“All this from noticing an architectural quirk: these nine empty statuary niches led me along a year-long journey of observation and intrigue,” writes head editor José Pablo Fernández García in a visual journey through history and memory on campus.

IMG_3706 (1).jpeg

The exceptions

“Either way, the exception carries a double-edged sword — glory and pain. How, why, do such things, even in less extremes, coexist? This is what made my friend’s comment somewhat haunting. Being the exception is a distinction: it aggrandizes and alienates at once.”

Firestone sunset.jpeg

The Self essay

“But now, finally, in these essays I’ve found the binding together of my self. These disparate parts have been gathered and collected like a bundle of sticks — still precarious but at least momentarily unified.”

Name accents - JPFG.jpeg

Hello, my name is...

“But in such a surrender, there is, at a deeper level, a certain surrender of dignity and identity as well. A name is so personal a matter; it should belong to no one but oneself.”

Triangle on McCarter - JPFG.jpeg

Triangle Traces

“All this makes my last few nights in McCarter for my last Triangle premiere this weekend just that much more special. And with light, one thing that makes it so magical is how ephemeral it is.”

More articles »