Over the summer, The Daily Princetonian will be publishing new content less frequently. Regular daily content will resume in the fall. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

Try our latest crossword

José Pablo Fernández García

Email José Pablo Fernández García

Tree Stump - jpgarcia.jpeg

The tree stumps around campus

“Trees, to me, are one of those things that a residual childhood naiveté believes to be permanent.” After hearing the tree outside his dorm cut down, Head Editor José Pablo Fernández García reflects on change and the comfort of permanence, even if illusory.

Nassau Hall Empty Chair - JPFG.jpeg

For all the graduating tigers

Head Editor for The Prospect José Pablo Fernández García looks back on a year full of friendship and reflects on seeing his senior friends getting ready to move on as they graduate in a couple weeks.

JPFG Button-Down Shirts.jpeg

Writing myself into Princeton’s story

“For some reason, I’ve hesitated to write more explicitly about my Mexican identity or my story of immigration. They’re weird, complex identities and issues I often struggle to understand on a personal, internal level, especially as an immigrant to a country with a distinctly difficult history of race and otherness.”

“For some reason, I’ve hesitated to write more explicitly about my Mexican identity or my story of immigration.” 

flowers_jpfg.jpg

The love in buying and receiving flowers

“At any point, I could have stopped buying flowers. Instead, every two weeks, I chose to keep giving them to myself, to my home. It is that act of renewal that made flowers so beautiful to me.”

Triangle 2022 Company.jpeg

Two years later, back on stage with Triangle

After two years away from the stage, the Princeton Triangle Club is premiering its show at the McCarter Theatre. Head Prospect Editor José Pablo Fernández García reflects on the privilege of finally being back in the theater.

prospect-dom-media.gif

The Prospect: 2021 year in review

In 2021, The Prospect saw Princeton’s arts and culture continue to flourish despite the difficulties of the year. As the year comes to a close, we look back on 25 articles, reviews, essays and much more that capture Princeton life over the past year.

Flying into CVG

Living, when surviving

“While the darkest times of this pandemic existence — the strictest isolation, the initial grave worry over getting sick or worse, and so on — have required existing in survival mode, I’ve also managed to find moments to be alive since then.”

More articles »

Most Popular