Tuesday, October 19

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Check out the Frosh Survey results

José Pablo Fernández García

Email José Pablo Fernández García

Princeton University’s September 11 memorial, located between East Pyne and Chancellor Green. 
José Pablo Fernández García / The Daily Princetonian

Visiting Princeton’s 9/11 memorial, 20 years after the towers fell

Remembering is something so deeply ingrained into the physical campus in which we make our lives as Princeton students. Still, it’s so easy to walk through its arches and towers and halls without ever taking the time to really contemplate the people and stories the campus embodies.

The view as a spotlight operator for Triangle.

Triangle's Frosh Week Show and the future soon to begin

“In this instant, the most tangible change I feel is a resurging joy, almost childlike, after a somber year, all thanks to the promise of soon, finally, participating behind the scenes in the Triangle tradition that helped me fall in love with this school and this club when I was only an audience member.” 

A COVID-19 testing site during the University’s first week of asymptomatic testing in August 2020.
Courtesy of Denise Applewhite / Princeton University Office of Communications

FaceTime is not a plan: We need to be ready for quarantine and isolation

“Simply put, possibly having a friend FaceTime you into a class as Dean of the College Jill Dolan suggested at the recent Town Hall meeting is not a sufficient plan. And, in the absence of one, students and faculty must develop their own.”

It feels like America again

The Prospect associate editor José Pablo Fernández García wrestles with growing up in the age of mass shootings and how a return of such tragedies to the headlines grossly feels like a return to American normalcy.

Courtesy of Zach Wahls & Chloe Angyal

When a headline proposal works, sort of

Zach Wahls GS ’18 and Chloe Angyal ’09 tell the 'Prince' about their rom-com worthy relationship story, which all began with a deceivingly innocuous headline on a feminist blog.

José Pablo Fernandez García / The Daily Princetonian

For all the grieving tigers

Every time this happens, every time I feel my eyes begin to swell up or my throat tighten a bit as I learn how many more thousands have died in this country alone, I wonder just how many people are setting out on this tragic journey I began about eight years ago.

A family, paper towels & Princeton

This, if anything, is a story of the frustration I felt in those moments in the car, driving. I was frustrated because seeing that family felt like a failure. Indeed, it was a failure of our society to take care of that family’s most basic needs: food and shelter. This frustration was also very familiar to me after the recent months during which I’ve watched this country dramatically fail to respond to the pandemic: little to no effort to contain the virus, little to no effort to support those most affected. 

This, if anything, is a story of the frustration I felt in those moments in the car, driving. I was frustrated because seeing that family felt like a failure. Indeed, it was a failure of our society to take care of that family’s most basic needs: food, shelter. This frustration was also very familiar to me after the recent months during which I’ve watched this country dramatically fail to respond to the pandemic: little to no effort to contain the virus, little to no effort to support the most affected.

More articles »