Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

Articles

Mother of Freshman 15-gainer sues Campus Dining

Sue Talot, mother of a first-year student, filed a lawsuit against the University Campus Dining on Tuesday, claiming the service of “late meal” inflicted irreparable damage on her daughter, Ella Talot ’22. 

EHS associate director arrested for child pornography, placed on administrative leave

Gregory Cantrell, the University’s associate director for workplace safety in the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), was charged with possession of child pornography early in the morning on Wednesday, Nov. 28. He has since been placed on administrative leave, according to University Spokesperson and Director of Media Relations Ben Chang.

U. transfer students with children face indiscriminate housing due to ‘shortages’

“They made promises to me when I decided to come to Princeton. I am in a one-bedroom apartment with my wife, daughter, and dog and am now being told a two-bedroom apartment will not be ‘guaranteed’ until my daughter is two. This was after the fact that they ‘guaranteed’ it to me when she turned one. They claim to be addressing the needs of the student while completely ignoring legitimate grievances,” Thomas Johnson said.

IIP to send smaller cohorts to more countries

For the summer of 2019, the Office of International Programs has reformed its International Internship Program (IIP) offerings by shrinking “cohort” sizes and sending students to more developing countries, all in an attempt to increase cultural integration.

Law journalists talk new Supreme Court and media

On Tuesday, the Program in Law and Public Affairs hosted a lecture on the Supreme Court and the media. The panel featured Jess Bravin, an award-winning Supreme Court correspondent for The Wall Street Journal; Marcia Coyle,  Chief Washington Correspondent for The National Law Journal; and Jed Shugerman, historian and professor at the Fordham University School of Law.

Female graduates Quillen GS ’91, Hobson ’91 receive top U. alumnus awards

Less than one week after the end of the celebration of women in She Roars, two University alumnae were named the recipients of the University’s most prestigious awards for alumni. President of Davidson College Carol Quillen GS ’91 and President of Ariel Investments Mellody Hobson ’91 received the James Madison Medal and the Woodrow Wilson Award, respectively.

Media