Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Marie-Rose Sheinerman

Articles

IIP to send smaller cohorts to more countries

For the summer of 2019, the Office of International Programs has reformed its International Internship Program (IIP) offerings by shrinking “cohort” sizes and sending students to more developing countries, all in an attempt to increase cultural integration.

Law journalists talk new Supreme Court and media

On Tuesday, the Program in Law and Public Affairs hosted a lecture on the Supreme Court and the media. The panel featured Jess Bravin, an award-winning Supreme Court correspondent for The Wall Street Journal; Marcia Coyle,  Chief Washington Correspondent for The National Law Journal; and Jed Shugerman, historian and professor at the Fordham University School of Law.

Female graduates Quillen GS ’91, Hobson ’91 receive top U. alumnus awards

Less than one week after the end of the celebration of women in She Roars, two University alumnae were named the recipients of the University’s most prestigious awards for alumni. President of Davidson College Carol Quillen GS ’91 and President of Ariel Investments Mellody Hobson ’91 received the James Madison Medal and the Woodrow Wilson Award, respectively.

Famed architect Shimada talks environment, utility

In a lecture hosted by the School of Architecture on Monday, renowned architect Yo Shimada stressed the importance of considering a project’s natural environment. He also advocated for building to match society’s needs. Many of Shimada’s own designs have been shaped by the strictness of Japan’s earthquake damage protection laws. And because he pays close attention to the particular natural surroundings where he builds, Shimada said the houses he designs have very little in common with each other. One house built in a city will look very different from one built in the mountains.

Media