Samantha Lopez-Rico

Email Samantha Lopez-Rico

_divest princeton sit-in Candace Do DP (2).jpg

This Week in Photos: September 20–26

This week, Divest Princeton held a sit-in outside Nassau Hall to protest Princeton’s climate change initiatives. The women’s soccer team won their game against Yale, and alumni gathered to watch the football game against Stetson.

This week, Divest Princeton held a sit-in outside Nassau Hall to protest Princeton’s inaction in climate change initiatives. The women’s soccer team won their game against Yale, and alumni gathered to watch the football game against Stetson. 

(0) 9-11 memorial roses Candace Do DP (24).jpg

This Week in Photos: September 6–12

This week, members of the Princeton community gathered to remember those who died on September 11, 2001. Students celebrated the first week of classes with orientation activities and outdoor fun.

Guyot_Trees_Sam Lopez.JPG

This Week in Photos: April 26–May 2

This week, members of the Princeton community protested the University’s handling of the remains of the 1985 MOVE police bombing victims. More flowers bloomed across campus as students finished classes. Renovations at the Princeton Art Museum have brought constant construction to the center of campus. 

Man under Magnolia Mark Dodici DP.jpg

This Week in Photos: April 12–25

Over the past two weeks, spring flowers bloomed as magnolia petals fell. Sophomore students celebrated declaring their concentrations with Declaration Day photos, and Divest Princeton hosted a rally at Nassau Hall.

TowpathTrees2.JPG

Sustainability initiatives and the Princeton landscape

To achieve climate neutrality by 2046, Princeton plans to implement geothermal exchange systems along with the construction of new residential and athletic facilities. These sustainability projects hope to preserve the natural ecosystems in the area. 

More articles »

Princeton Student Explains: The Academy

Our world is filled with fascinating and interesting topics that many of us do not understand to their fullest extent. In an attempt to help bridge that gap in understanding, The Daily Princetonian has taken on the task of collecting questions from Princeton students about everyday topics to be answered by Princeton students that are passionate about these subjects. In this episode, we explore the Academy, differences between the Oscars, the Grammys, and the Golden Globes - along with equity and representation in award shows - with Daniel Drake ’24. Music: www.bensound.com www.dailyprincetonian.com

NEWS | 04/25/2024

More media »