Abby Meyers named AP All-American Honorable Mention

abby meyers ap .jpeg
Abby Meyers and the Tigers land in Bloomington for the first round of March Madness. 
@PrincetonWBB/Twitter.

Princeton women’s basketball’s biggest star has earned yet another accolade.

On Wednesday, March 16, senior guard Abby Meyers was selected as an Associated Press (AP) Honorable Mention All-America. She is the fourth All-American in program history. The Tigers that earned the honor before her were Niveen Rasheed ’13, Blake Dietrick ’15, and Bella Alarie ’20.

This recognition comes on the tail-end of a phenomenal run at the Ivy Madness tournament where she led her team to their third-consecutive tournament championship. Meyers averaged 19 points throughout the tournament, earning all-tournament honors for her stellar play.

Before the excitement of the postseason, Meyers was already winning high praise. She was unanimously selected as the Ivy League Player of the Year and was a First-Team All-Ivy selection.

Then, in the week leading up to the conference tournament, she was again commended for her performance this season: Meyers was named a finalist for the 2022 Becky Hammon Mid-Major Player of the Year Award, presented by Her Hoops Stats.

In the Ivy League, Meyers has been on another level scoring the basketball this season. She leads the League in both field goals and three-point percentage, ranks second in average points per game, third in three-pointers, and fourth in field goal percentage.

Not only has Meyers been one of the major Ivy League’s premier offensive threats, but she has also consistently proven herself as one of the most efficient scorers in all of Division I basketball. Her 17.8 points per game makes her 58th in the nation. The three-point shooting talent ranks even higher: shooting 40.9 percent from three, she ranks 29th in the entire country.

Meyers will look to extend her consistent offensive production into March Madness. The No. 11 Tigers face off against No. 6 Kentucky in the first round on Saturday, March 19 at 4 p.m. on ESPN.

Matt Drapkin is a staff writer for the ‘Prince’ sports section. He can be reached at mattdrapkin@princeton.edu or on Twitter at @mattdrapkin.