Track and field, softball, crew to compete this weekend

collage_sports.jpg
All photos courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.

Several Princeton teams will compete this weekend for the first time since the pandemic shuttered Ivy League athletics in March 2020.

Following the recent advancement to Phase IV, the final stage of the Ivy League’s four-phase plan, Princeton Athletics has released an updated spring competition schedule that includes softball games, track meets, and rowing competitions.

The men’s and women’s track and field teams will host the Princeton Invitational this Sunday at Weaver Track Stadium. As stated in the Athletic Department’s press release, spectators are not permitted to attend the event. A meet will follow on May 1 at Rowan University in Glassboro, N.J.

The softball team has added two games to its spring schedule. The first will take place on April 29 at Villanova and the second on May 1 at Lehigh. There are 15 athletes currently on the team roster — only two fewer than last year.

Men’s heavyweight crew will compete against Saint Joseph’s and Drexel on April 24 in Schuylkill River, N.J. They will be joined by men’s lightweight crew competing against Temple. Women’s lightweight and open crew will also be present in Schuylkill River competing against Drexel. 

Men’s heavyweight crew will then go up against Navy, Holy Cross, and George Washington the following weekend on May 2 in Overpeck, N.J. Women’s open crew will host a competition against Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple that same day.

No other events have been confirmed for the coming weeks.

This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.