USG reviews referendum position paper, confirms Honor Committee and Committee on Discipline members

Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities
Evelyn Doskoch / The Daily Princetonian 

In the final meeting of the semester, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) reviewed a draft of the position paper in response to the sole Spring 2020 referendum. The referendum, sponsored by Shiye Su ’20, calls on the University to limit the widespread printing of “Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities,” primarily for environmental reasons. It passed with 88 percent of voter support.

The position paper draft includes information on the benefits of online access to resources, the environmental impacts of overprinting, referendum data, and recommendations for USG and other students, faculty, and administrators to foster timely implementation of the referendum.

The Senate voted to confirm members of the Committee on Discipline and reconfirm members of the Honor Committee.

Anne Grinder ’23, Samuel Fendler ’21, Michael Wang ’21, Munisa Said ’22, Matthew Weatherhead ’23, Yujin Angolio ’23, and Dylan Shapiro ’23 were reconfirmed for the Honor Committee. Abbie Willhelm ’23, Avner Goldstein ’21, Jennifer Lee ’23, and Daisy Torres ’22 were confirmed for the Committee on Discipline.

Goldstein was a columnist for The Daily Princetonian.

U-Councilors Allen Liu ’22 and Sarah Lee ’22 also summarized the May 4 Council of the Princeton University Committee (CPUC) meeting, at which USG president Chitra Parikh ’21 presented.

The meeting was held Saturday via Zoom at 9:30 p.m. EDT.