Five Ways to Give Back

Here are five things you can do to give back to your community and leave 2016 on a high note.

Take a look down at the list below and see what works best for you — there’s something for everyone!

1.Donating to SAVE

Are you an avid dog spotter or passionate animal lover? Consider donating to SAVE, our local animal shelter, located about fifteen minutes from campus. The organization shelters homeless cats and dogs, and often waive adoption fees so that these animals might find their forever homes sooner. Any donation received is directed towards their annual fundraiser that supports the cost of maintaining the facility year round.

2.Operation Gratitude

Do you enjoy hearing freedom ring? Is the bald eagle your favorite animal? Consider supporting our service men and women overseas and at home through Operation Gratitude. Operation Gratitude allows civilians to come together to support both veterans and active duty service men and women. The organization allows you to pledge donations to fund care packages, offers a number of volunteer opportunities, and encourages civilians to write personal letters thanking our men and women for their service.

3. Better World Books

Do you love reading good books and sharing that love with others? Considering buying your books and textbooks from Better World Books. Better World Books donates one book for every book sold, and uses the funds to aid literacy projects both in the United States and across the world. The organization also holds book drives, collects used books, and even sells textbooks through a network of over 2,300 college campuses and libraries across the nation.

4. Supporting Student Service Groups on Campus

Looking for something a little closer to home? Consider supporting the plethora of student groups here on campus by volunteering time, offering a small donation, or attending an event. The continued support of our student service groups is the foundation of Princeton’s mission to serve others.

5. And Finally…It’s the Little Things

Being short on time and money isn’t new to college students, especially college students that go to Princeton. When you make your way through campus, it’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of classes and extracurricular demands. Give back in your own way by treating both yourself and others with respect, engaging with the student community when you are able, and supporting your friends, family, and fellow Princetonians.