Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Follow us on Instagram

Smoke detected in Cap and Gown Club, no reported damage or injuries

Smoke reported in Cap and Gown Club
Smoke reported in Cap and Gown Club

Smoke from a burning cigarette in Cap and Gown Club resulted in an emergency responseon Thursdayafternoon, according toDaniel Day, assistant vice president for Communications for the University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Gregory, director of Emergency Services for the town of Princeton, confirmed on site that there was emission of smoke in the back of Cap as a result of an unattended burning cigarette.

"Firefighters had doused [the cigarette] with water," he said.

According to Gregory, there was no damage as a result of the smoke and no reported injuries.

Most of the firefighters had exited the building around2:55 p.m.and emergency vehicles had cleared the scene at approximately3:05 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments