Sea of Orange

The men's basketball team is currently 18-1. The Tigers are first in the Ivy League standings, ranked 10th in the Associated Press Poll and ninth in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll – their first foray into the nation's top ten since 1967. They have achieved all these things, yet they still struggle to fill Jadwin Gym. Dick Vitale has criticized this deplorable state of affairs, and, for once, it appears the fist-pumping ESPN commentator is correct. If you do nothing else this weekend, drag yourself out of the depths of Firestone, move away from your computer and do something virtually unheard of on this campus: Show some school spirit for one of the best basketball teams in the country.

Starting at Friday night's game against Brown and continuing for the five remaining home games, the Varsity Student Athlete Advisory Committee will sell 1,000 orange t-shirts emblazoned with a small "Go Tigers" logo. The committee is not looking for a profit – the shirts cost only $5 – but it is looking for an active, energetic student section. The time is right to make Jadwin Gym a more intimidating place for visiting teams – a virtual sea of orange drowning out the voice of the PA announcer.

We know this is hard, but close your books. Walk down to the gym, buy a t-shirt and cheer for the basketball team. This is your chance to participate in something that may not happen again for another 30 years.