Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Josephine de La Bruyere

Articles

"Brotherhood": Scenes from the stands at Yankee Stadium

If the hundreds of students who flocked to Saturday’s game at Yankee Stadium did so to escape the routine of campus life, the hundreds of former football players who made the trip did so to relive it. They brought with them wives, husbands, children, grandchildren, friends — all of whom spent the day celebrating what former captain and nose guard Jeff Urbany ’84 called the “unbelievable brotherhood” that is Princeton football.

Once A Tiger: Ian Thomson '09

From starring in track at Princeton, to surviving a serious car accident, to making a controversial appearance on The Bachelorette, Ian Thomson ’09’s life has never been dull.

Once a Tiger: Margaret Bertasi '14

Margaret Bertasi ’14 doesn’t want to hear about her size. The five-foot-nine, first team All-Ivy League honoree helped Princeton women’s open weight rowing to 2013 and 2014 Ivy League titles. She’s represented the United States as a member of five separate national teams. She just returned from Linz-Ottensheim, Austria a world champion.

All In: Joe Dubuque

Associate head wrestling coach Joe Dubuque was a two-time national champion. He earned All-American status on a torn ACL and has helped oversee Princeton wrestling’s meteoric rise. His motto? All in.

Once a Tiger: Cameron Porter ’16

Cameron Porter ’16 didn’t think he’d play college soccer. He graduated from Princeton as the NCAA’s top scorer and became a folk hero of major league soccer. 

Once a Tiger: Clare Gallagher ’14

In the first instalment of Once a Tiger, ultramarathoner Clare Gallagher ‘14 discusses athletics, activism, and the ethics of working on Wall Street. 

Media