Over the summer, The Daily Princetonian will be publishing new content less frequently. Regular daily content will resume in the fall. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

Try our latest crossword

Mahya Fazel-Zarandi

frick

20 years in the making: An inside look on Paul Chirik’s novel ammonia synthesis process

In a March issue of Nature Synthesis, chemistry professor Paul Chirik’s lab reported a novel and environmentally sustainable method of creating ammonia, a finding that he said he has been after for his entire research career. 

DavidMacMillan_0021.jpeg

Q&A with 2021 Nobel Laureate, chemistry professor David MacMillan

Professor of Chemistry and 2021 Nobel Prize award-winner David MacMillan sat in an interview with The Daily Princetonian to discuss his upbringing, research, and Princeton’s continued influence on his work.

Bassler

Princeton professor Bonnie Bassler awarded the Wolf Prize in chemistry

Dr. Bonnie Bassler, Squibb Professor in Molecular Biology and Department Chair of Molecular Biology, was recently awarded the 2022 Wolf Prize in Chemistry for her work surrounding quorum sensing and cellular communication in bacterial organisms. 

Shirley-M-Tilghman.jpg

Q&A with 2022 George W. Beadle Award winner, former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman

Former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman sat down with The Daily Princetonian to discuss the George W. Beadle award, her contributions to genetic research, and the significance of her time spent at Princeton. 

Former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman discusses the George W. Beadle award, her contributions to genetic research, and the significance of her time spent at Princeton. 

Prof.Nelson Photo.png

New study conducted by Princeton bioengineers holds promise for future artificial lung synthesis

The team of researchers, comprised of students and professors across several University departments, successfully replicated the lung development of the brown anole lizard in order to achieve this milestone.

Joshua Angrist

Economics Nobel laureate Joshua Angrist GS ’89 discusses causal inference, his time at Princeton

Joshua Angrist GS ’89 was awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Economics. He won half of the prize jointly with Guido Imbens “for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.”

Card and Angrist.jpeg

Card GS ’83, Angrist GS ’89 win Nobel Prize in Economics

Card and Angrist join fellow Nobel laureates Professor Syukuro Manabe, Professor David MacMillan, and Maria Ressa ’86, who won this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics, Chemistry, and Peace, respectively.

David MacMillan.JPG

Princeton professor David MacMillan awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry

David W. C. MacMillan, the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of Chemistry, was awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his work in asymmetric organocatalysis.

Syukuro Manabe

Princeton meteorologist Syukuro Manabe awarded Nobel Prize in Physics

Syukuro Manabe was one of three recipients of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics, awarded for his work in physical modeling of global climate with Klaus Hasselmann.

More articles »

Most Popular