Tuesday, October 19

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Check out the Frosh Survey results

Mahya Fazel-Zarandi

Left: David Card GS ’83 discusses his work and receiving the Nobel Prize during an interview at UC Berkeley on Monday. Right: MIT economist and Nobel laureate Joshua Angrist GS ’89.
Brittany Hosea-Small / UC Berkeley
Lillie Paquette

Card GS ’83, Angrist GS ’89 win Nobel Prize in Economics

Card and Angrist join fellow Nobel laureates Professor Syukuro Manabe, Professor David MacMillan, and Maria Ressa ’86, who won this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics, Chemistry, and Peace, respectively.

David MacMillan speaks with media and well-wishers the morning of the announcement 
 Courtesy of Princeton University, Office of Communications, Denise Applewhite (2021) 

Princeton professor David MacMillan awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry

David W. C. MacMillan, the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of Chemistry, was awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his work in asymmetric organocatalysis.

Princeton University researcher and 2021 Nobel laureate in physics Syukuro Manabe at his home in Princeton the morning of the Nobel Prize announcement.
Denise Applewhite / Office of Communications

Princeton meteorologist Syukuro Manabe awarded Nobel Prize in Physics

Syukuro Manabe was one of three recipients of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics, awarded for his work in physical modeling of global climate with Klaus Hasselmann.

More articles »