Saturday, December 3

Previous Issues

Try our latest crossword

Mahya Fazel-Zarandi

Genius Grant

Princeton mathematics professor June Huh and Melanie Matchett Wood GS ’09 named 2022 MacArthur Fellows

June Huh, a professor in the mathematics department, and Melanie Matchet Wood GS ’09 won the 2022 MacArthur Fellowship. Huh was recognized for proving mathematical conjectures and Wood for her work on number theory. 

JRR Angel Kuo (4).JPG

Former Princeton economics professors Ben Bernanke and Philip Dybvig awarded Nobel Prize in Economics

Two former Princeton professors have been awarded the 2022 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences. Bernanke is currently a distinguished senior fellow with the Economic Studies program at the Brookings Institution. He served as the chairman of the Federal Reserve from 2006 to 2014. Dybvig is a Professor of Banking and Finance at the Olin Business School of Washington University in St. Louis.

Joao-NatureCover_R2-01.jpg

“A coordinated regulatory dance”: Levine lab identifies new elements involved in genome organization

Levine’s team’s work could have critical implications in treating a host of human diseases, from psychiatric disorders to cancer and diabetes.

fine-hall-math

Princeton mathematician June Huh wins 2022 Fields Medal, becomes first recipient of Korean descent

Huh becomes the 13th Princeton-affiliated individual to win the Fields Medal. Previous winners include current faculty members Charles Fefferman and Manjul Bhargava GS ’01, who received the Medal in 1978 and 2014, respectively.  

Huh becomes the 13th Princeton-affiliated individual to win the Fields Medal. Previous winners include current faculty members Charles Fefferman and Manjul Bhargava GS ‘01, who received the Medal in 1978 and 2014, respectively.  

frick

20 years in the making: An inside look on Paul Chirik’s novel ammonia synthesis process

In a March issue of Nature Synthesis, chemistry professor Paul Chirik’s lab reported a novel and environmentally sustainable method of creating ammonia, a finding that he said he has been after for his entire research career. 

DavidMacMillan_0021.jpeg

Q&A with 2021 Nobel Laureate, chemistry professor David MacMillan

Professor of Chemistry and 2021 Nobel Prize award-winner David MacMillan sat in an interview with The Daily Princetonian to discuss his upbringing, research, and Princeton’s continued influence on his work.

Bassler

Princeton professor Bonnie Bassler awarded the Wolf Prize in chemistry

Dr. Bonnie Bassler, Squibb Professor in Molecular Biology and Department Chair of Molecular Biology, was recently awarded the 2022 Wolf Prize in Chemistry for her work surrounding quorum sensing and cellular communication in bacterial organisms. 

Shirley-M-Tilghman.jpg

Q&A with 2022 George W. Beadle Award winner, former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman

Former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman sat down with The Daily Princetonian to discuss the George W. Beadle award, her contributions to genetic research, and the significance of her time spent at Princeton. 

Former Princeton president Shirley Tilghman discusses the George W. Beadle award, her contributions to genetic research, and the significance of her time spent at Princeton. 

Prof.Nelson Photo.png

New study conducted by Princeton bioengineers holds promise for future artificial lung synthesis

The team of researchers, comprised of students and professors across several University departments, successfully replicated the lung development of the brown anole lizard in order to achieve this milestone.

Joshua Angrist

Economics Nobel laureate Joshua Angrist GS ’89 discusses causal inference, his time at Princeton

Joshua Angrist GS ’89 was awarded the 2021 Nobel Prize in Economics. He won half of the prize jointly with Guido Imbens “for their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships.”

More articles »