Julian Hartman-Sigall

A woman smiles for a camera in front of a blurred green background.

Dr. Johanna Rossi Wagner named next NCW dean

Dr. Johanna Rossi Wagner is taking over as dean of New College West after Anne Caswell was promoted in February. The residential college dean assists upperclassmen with their studies.

Two side-by-side headshots of students in suits and ties

Li and Beidel ’24 win Pyne Prize, highest undergrad distinction

Two seniors won the 2024 Pyne Prize for excellence in scholarship, character, and leadership. Students in the social sciences and with USG or PAA affiliations continue to be well-represented.

Penn - Ryland Graham 2024 4.JPEG

Xaivian Lee has a P-set to do

Princeton’s Korean-Canadian basketball star only played nine minutes during the team’s Sweet Sixteen run last year. Now, he’s sitting atop the Ivy League in conference play and a TikTok sensation. But... he's still got to do his Economics homework.

Cars line a street in front of the facade of a white-yellow building.

In lieu of taxes, University increases voluntary contribution for second year

In lieu of property taxes, from which universities are exempt, Princeton University has announced its voluntary contribution to the town of Princeton. The University announced that it would give more than $50 million to the town over five years, which is an annual contribution of more than double its previous contribution of less than $4 million a year.

A number of people hold up signs reading "Free Palestine Ceasefire Now" and "Ceasefire Now" holding Palestinian flags. A person holding an Israeli flag is visible in the background.

Students weigh impact of national focus on campus activism surrounding Israel and Palestine

After a semester of national focus on student views on the conflict in Israel and Gaza, student leaders weigh the impacts of the high-profile national coverage, which included an invitation to one student leader to participate in a CNN televised debate on the conflict and its impact on college campuses.

Five people — two women and three men — stand in front of a podium and flags, smiling for a photo.

An interview with Eisgruber and Governor Phil Murphy on a new AI hub

The Daily Princetonian spoke with University President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 and Governor Phil Murphy before the announcement of the establishment of a new artificial intelligence hub at Princeton University.

White columns stand ominously against the backdrop of a grey sky. The green leaves of a tree partially obstruct the view of the columns.

A new version of the College Republicans struggles for an identity

The Princeton College Republicans has long struggled to stay afloat. Does the difficulty of running the organization on campus speak to broader questions of campus apathy towards politics? Or does it instead speak to a modern conservative movement where an organization focused on electoral politics has no place? 

A display board outside of Frist Campus Center is pictured. On the bottom half of the board are two rows of handwritten "Princeton for Palestine" signs. The top right has printed signs for Israelis taken hostage by Hamas.

Fall break caps week of prayer and mourning for Israel and Palestine

In the week preceding fall break on campus, students mourned the dead and displaced at a major event held by the Center for Jewish Life (CJL) and Princeton Chabad, and smaller events by Princeton Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Alliance for Jewish Progressives (AJP).

IMG_9362.HEIC

Princeton Students for Reproductive Justice sees rapid post-pandemic growth

The group’s recent efforts include its inaugural “Sex Ed Week,” a protest in response to a leaked draft of the Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, continued access to free condoms on campus, and an anonymous emergency contraceptive hotline. 

A woman in a red garment stands on a platform, suspended over a large crowd of people holding up flashlights.

SZA follows through on promise to give students free concert tickets

On Sept. 19, Grammy Award-winning artist SZA spoke at an event on campus and promised to provide students with free tickets to her tour. This week, she delivered.

In September, Grammy Award-winning artist SZA spoke at an event on campus and promised to provide students with free tickets to her tour. This week, she delivered.

More articles »