Download our new app on iOS!

Julian Hartman-Sigall

Cars line a street in front of the facade of a white-yellow building.

In lieu of taxes, University increases voluntary contribution for second year

In lieu of property taxes, from which universities are exempt, Princeton University has announced its voluntary contribution to the town of Princeton. The University announced that it would give more than $50 million to the town over five years, which is an annual contribution of more than double its previous contribution of less than $4 million a year.

A number of people hold up signs reading "Free Palestine Ceasefire Now" and "Ceasefire Now" holding Palestinian flags. A person holding an Israeli flag is visible in the background.

Students weigh impact of national focus on campus activism surrounding Israel and Palestine

After a semester of national focus on student views on the conflict in Israel and Gaza, student leaders weigh the impacts of the high-profile national coverage, which included an invitation to one student leader to participate in a CNN televised debate on the conflict and its impact on college campuses.

Five people — two women and three men — stand in front of a podium and flags, smiling for a photo.

An interview with Eisgruber and Governor Phil Murphy on a new AI hub

The Daily Princetonian spoke with University President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 and Governor Phil Murphy before the announcement of the establishment of a new artificial intelligence hub at Princeton University.

White columns stand ominously against the backdrop of a grey sky. The green leaves of a tree partially obstruct the view of the columns.

A new version of the College Republicans struggles for an identity

The Princeton College Republicans has long struggled to stay afloat. Does the difficulty of running the organization on campus speak to broader questions of campus apathy towards politics? Or does it instead speak to a modern conservative movement where an organization focused on electoral politics has no place? 

A display board outside of Frist Campus Center is pictured. On the bottom half of the board are two rows of handwritten "Princeton for Palestine" signs. The top right has printed signs for Israelis taken hostage by Hamas.

Fall break caps week of prayer and mourning for Israel and Palestine

In the week preceding fall break on campus, students mourned the dead and displaced at a major event held by the Center for Jewish Life (CJL) and Princeton Chabad, and smaller events by Princeton Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Alliance for Jewish Progressives (AJP).

IMG_9362.HEIC

Princeton Students for Reproductive Justice sees rapid post-pandemic growth

The group’s recent efforts include its inaugural “Sex Ed Week,” a protest in response to a leaked draft of the Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, continued access to free condoms on campus, and an anonymous emergency contraceptive hotline. 

A woman in a red garment stands on a platform, suspended over a large crowd of people holding up flashlights.

SZA follows through on promise to give students free concert tickets

On Sept. 19, Grammy Award-winning artist SZA spoke at an event on campus and promised to provide students with free tickets to her tour. This week, she delivered.

In September, Grammy Award-winning artist SZA spoke at an event on campus and promised to provide students with free tickets to her tour. This week, she delivered.

A red-brick schoolhouse on a snowy winter day.

Project Veritas video on sexual education in Princeton Middle School sparks outrage

A video released by a conservative activist group reveals nonprofit educators working with Princeton Middle School discussing how their sexual education curricula is designed to circumvent parental input.

Photo of a stack of four blue boxes of box fans for sale in the Princeton University store.

Fans run out before distribution begins amid intense heat wave

Due to the heat wave, Housing Operations announced that it would give out fans to students. At the hand-out, however, fans ran out before the allotted pick-up time even began.

More articles »