Tower President to lead the ICC for the first time in 14 years

In the right foreground, a blue umbrella with text "TOWER CLUB" in white overtop and "PTC" insignia. In the background, a brown brick building with green bushes to the left.
Tower Club's front patio on a sunny day.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

President of Tower Club Vincent Jiang ’25 was elected as Interclub Council (ICC) President on Monday, March 18, according to a press release from the ICC. Jiang is the first ICC President to also be the President of Tower Club since Martin Scheeler ’11, who was elected to both positions in 2010. The ICC elections follow new officer regimes taking over the 11 eating clubs that line Prospect Avenue.

Jiang is a columnist for The Daily Princetonian.

The ICC is an organization that is composed of 11 undergraduate eating club presidents who meet weekly to “discuss club policies, student life projects, and best practices to ensure a safe environment for all members and visitors to the clubs,” according to the ICC’s official website. The ICC elects its officers internally among these 11 presidents.

Additionally, the ICC coordinates with University administrators and organizations, as well as the Graduate Interclub Council (GICC) — composed of eating club alumni who help manage the clubs’ financial decisions “to address topics of campus-wide concern regarding student life.” 

Jiang takes the helm of the ICC at a time when Tower has expanded to its largest membership in at least the last quarter century. In 2024, Tower accepted 165 new members, compared to just 141 the year before.

Joining Jiang to lead the ICC as vice president is Anna Johns ’25, President of Charter Club. This marks the second-consecutive year where Charter has had representation in the top two slots at the ICC — former Charter President Mia Beams ’24 served as ICC President last term. Like Tower, Charter experienced a rise in popularity this year, with the club’s selective sign-in point cutoff rising and several students who ranked the club first unable to be offered membership.

A new role, ICC Chief of Staff, will be filled by Alexandra Wong ’25, President of Cloister Inn. The new role will cover the “oversight and coordination between all eleven clubs’ officers and chairs.”

The ICC also manages Street Week — the admissions process for sophomores who would like to join an eating club during the second week of the spring semester.

The press release emphasized that the ICC will continue work with previous officers and “will also draw lessons from the experience of the Class of 2026 during Spring Street Week 2024.” This past Street Week, the ICC accommodated the largest sophomore class in Princeton’s history, with a very small group of students unable to be placed in an eating club by the ICC system due to a lack of space in sign-in clubs.

Interest in the eating clubs remains high, reflecting the ICC’s important role in overseeing Street Week. During Street Week 2024, about 80 percent of the sophomore class signed up on the ICC website to bicker or sign-in to an eating club. A total of 1,207 students were placed in eating clubs, with only 629 students being accepted into bicker clubs.

While interest in Street Week remains high, overall participation in the eating club system has declined over the long-term, with the percentage of students graduating without being a member of an eating club having doubled since the mid-1990s.

Wong will serve as the inaugural holder of her role, while Jiang and Johns will succeed Beams and Josh Coan ’24, respectively.

Justus Wilhoit is a senior News writer and an assistant Audience editor for the ‘Prince.’

Nandini Krishnan is a senior News writer for the ‘Prince.’

Please send corrections to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.