Princeton Police Department arrest two on Witherspoon for violence, robbery

Lower Pyne
Photo courtesy of Djkeddie / Wikimedia Commons

After an alleged verbal altercation that escalated to violence and robbery last Thursday on Witherspoon Street, the Princeton Police Department reported two successful arrests of the perpetrators.

On Feb. 13, a male victim arrived at Princeton Police Headquarters to report a crime that had occurred at around 2 p.m. that day. He gave his account of a verbal altercation between him and his two assailants, 20-year-old Angel Gonzalez-Hernandez and 36-year-old Jose Bran-Gonzalez, that grew violent. The victim alleged that Hernandez punched him in the face with his fists while Bran-Gonzalez struck him with the “grip portion of a handgun,” as stated on the Princeton police’s press release.

Upon further investigations by the Princeton Police Department Detective Bureau, Hernandez was arrested and charged with robbery, simple assault, and terroristic threats.

According to the press release, later that day, at 8:20 p.m., “the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department SWAT team and officers from Princeton Police Department executed a successful search warrant” for Bran-Gonzalez. He was brought to Princeton Police Headquarters and charged with robbery, aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon, and possession of marijuana under 50 grams.

Patch reported that the suspects were later moved to Mercer County Corrections Center.