144th ‘Prince’ Editorial Board: our mission statement

Newsroom entrance straightened
The entrance to 48 University Pl., which houses The Daily Princetonian’s newsroom.

The Editorial Board of The Daily Princetonian writes on its own accord. Comprised of senior editors, the Board lends the ‘Prince’ a singularly compelling institutional voice. We will approach this task with humility, conviction, and resolute honesty. To that end, we will not shy away from challenging topics and are prepared to fracture the unanimity for which we usually strive.

We reach consensus through a process of debate and research. In an effort to be transparent, we will publish dissenting opinions when there is division among us, and we welcome letters to the editor to ensure that the community hears from a variety of perspectives. 

The Board does not claim to represent the diverse viewpoints of the dozens of writers, editors, and staff members who make up the ‘Prince.’ We take the division between our news and editorial operations seriously and have measures in place to guarantee that the Editorial Board’s stance on any given topic will never influence our reporting. This year, Zachariah Sippy ’22 will serve as the Board’s inaugural chair, in which capacity he has no authority over news coverage.

We seek to render visible perspectives that Princeton students would not otherwise see, in addition to weighing in on ongoing debates. We will hold ourselves to this obligation by publishing regularly; we will not shield ourselves in silence. The Board exists to affirm the ‘Prince’ as part of the University community and critically examine the world around us. 

144TH EDITORIAL BOARD

Chair

Zachariah Sippy ’22

Members

Benjamin Ball ’21

Shannon Chaffers ’22

Rachel Kennedy ’21

Kate Lee ’23

Madeleine Marr ’21

Jonathan A. Ort ’21

Elizabeth Parker ’21

Emma Treadway ’22

Ivy Truong ’21

Cy Watsky ’21