Try our latest crossword
Listen to Daybreak for the day’s biggest stories
Follow us on Instagram

Smoke in EQuad caused by malfunctioning fume hood, no one injured

A malfunctioning fume hood in the Engineering Quad resulted in an initial report of smoke made to the Department of Public Safety on Tuesday night at approximately 10:30 p.m.

The DPS relayed the report to the Princeton Fire Department. In response, more than tenemergency vehicles arrived on site and students in the vicinity were asked to evacuate the premises. Firefighters spent an extended period of time trying to locate the source of the smoke, which was found to be a fume hood.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fume hood malfunctions are common and no cause for concern, according to a firefighter. No one was injured in this incident, and emergency vehiclesbegan leaving at approximately 11:30 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments