What’s hot on campus?

SO Percussion performance

So, percussion? Yes, percussion. SO Percussion, Princeton’s Edward T. Cone Ensemble-in-Residence, will be performing works by former Princeton graduate student Andrea Mazzariello ’11 GS, group member Jason Treuting and Princeton professor of music Dan Trueman ’99, among other composers. Rumor has it that they killed it during their performances last year, so (heh) you probably don't want to miss this. Admission is free of charge, but reservations are required; you can get them through University Ticketing or Frist Ticketing.

Thursday, 7:30 p.m.

Richardson Auditorium

***

Princeton Student Events Committee Presents: Canvas Painting

PSEC is continuing in the theme of the fun events that let you channel your inner sloppy kindergartener. Last week it was school supply decorating and room decor making, and this week they’ll be providing everything you need (i.e. canvases and paint) to create a canvas painting you can proudly display on your dorm wall. Bring your roommates and together you can make the beginnings of a chic gallery wall. We’ll be taking inspiration from the works of Cézanne currently on display at the Art Museum (take a peek behind the scenes inside this issue!), thank you very much.

Thursday, 8 p.m.

Frist Campus Center

***

Theatre Intime Presents: 24 Hour Play Festival

It’s back and as long as ever! Theatre Intime’s annual 24-hour playwriting/acting/directing frenzy begins at midnight on Friday, when participating writers will gather and spend until 8 a.m. writing plays sparked by prompts given to them on the spot. Then the actors and directors come in and do their thing until 8 p.m., when the doors of Hamilton Murray Theater will be thrown open to the public. Come if you’d like proof that, yes, you can create something amazing (or at least readable) in 24 hours — you’ll need the reminder for the next time you still haven’t started writing that 10-page paper 24 hours before it’s due.

Saturday, 8 p.m.

Hamilton Murray Theater

***

Princeton French Theater Festival Presents: ‘Ajax, qu’on me donne un ennemi’

The fourth annual Princeton French Theater Festival launched last week and will be running until Oct. 24. This week’s offering features a rock trio, French actor André Wilms, and Nouveau théâtre de Montreuil Head Mathieu Bauer as director. You can get in FOR FREE (though an emailed reservation is encouraged), and the show is only 55 minutes long — what better way to pregame pregaming for the Street than with a classy French play based on a poem by a famous German playwright? Better yet, it’s about Ajax, hero of the Trojan war. And performed completely in French.

Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.

Matthews Acting Studio at 185 Nassau Street