What’s hot on campus?

The Multispecies Salon presents: “Suburban Foraging: Acorn Mush”

Acorns are, believe it or not, embedded in cultural memory. This Thursday, join the Princeton Environmental Institute for an event that explores the culinary possibility of the acorn and its associations with the oppression of a people. The Pomo American Indians of Northern California consumed acorn mush, a dish that evokes “memories of massacres, forced marches, and internment.” The Multispecies Salon opens with an acorn gathering activity at 10 a.m., followed by a lunch discussion at 12:30 p.m., at which acorn mush will be sampled.

Guyot 100

Acorn collecting at 10 a.m., lunch discussion at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday

Prof Picks: Bombay Velvet

The free student movies at Princeton’s Garden Theatre have generally skewed more popular blockbusters than foreign historical dramas. That’s about to change. For the inaugural Prof Picks (as in “picked by a professor”) film, history professor Gyan Prakash chose “Bombay Velvet,” an Indian period crime drama adapted from his book “Mumbai Fables.” The showing will be preceded by remarks from Prakash and director Anurag Kashyap.

Princeton Garden Theatre

Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

Princeton Eid ul Adha Banquet + Benefit for Refugees 2015

Who doesn’t love eating yummy food while also making small contributions toward making the world a better place? Eid ul Adha, also known as the Feast of Sacrifice, is the second-most important celebration for Muslims around the world, and the Muslim Students Association and MASJID will be commemorating the holiday with a banquet complete with poetry, art, henna and a photo booth. The suggested donation of $10 will benefit victims of the global refugee crisis.

Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

Fields Center

Emerging Writers Reading with Sophie McManus

In 10 years, you’ll be able to say that you knew these writers before they hit it big: Emerging Writers is an annual series at Labyrinth featuring readings by established authors and the Princeton seniors selected every year to write creative writing theses. This year’s series is launching with Sophie McManus, first-time author of novel “The Unfortunates,” and creative writing certificate students Katharine Boyer ’16, Marta Cabral ’16, Isabel Henderson ’16 and Takim Williams ’16.

Friday at 6 p.m.

Labyrinth Bookstore