Former Princeton volunteer soccer coach pleads guilty to possession of child pornography

Jorge A. Roman, a former volunteer soccer coach at the University, pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman ’78announcedon Friday.

The maximum penalty for possession of child pornography is 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing is currently scheduled forDecember 15.

According to court records, Fishman’s office and Roman’s attorney, a public defender, reached a plea agreement on June 12.

Roman pleaded guilty to owning 600 or more images of child sexual abuse in various forms at his home in Princeton, including DVDs, computers and other digital media. Some of these included images of prepubescent minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct, the release says.

Postal Inspector Ann M.Kolczynskiof the United States Postal Inspection Service conducted the investigation that led to the charges. In theoriginal complaint, filed May 16, 2013, Roman was said to have purchased approximately 79 products, marketed as “naturist films from around the world,” in 40 transactions from a movie production company.

In an interview with law enforcement officers following a search warrant, Roman apparently admitted to purchasing the DVDs and said he had viewed them.

These films included “Sandy Bottoms,” “Water Wiggles Going Commando: Boy Fights XI (2008)” and “Raw Rewind,” which are described as featuring prepubescent boys in various settings while completely or partially naked. The total cost of the films was over $2,200.

At the time of his arrest, Roman was a volunteer assistant soccer coach at Rider University and led a soccer coaching company.He organized a summer soccer camp in 1999 that included several University soccer coaches as well.

Fourteen New Jersey men were arrested on child pornography chargeson Thursdayin a six-month, statewide child pornography sweep, The Times of Trentonreported.