Spring Break Wrap-up

Women's Diving

The Princeton women's diving team turned in a stunning performance at the NCAA championships March 16 and 17. Sitting in sixth place after prelims in the 10-meter platform competition, junior Danielle Stramandi's incredible performance in the finals catapulted her into third place overall. Her final dive earned the highest score of any dive by any diver in the platform competition. Stramandi had the best total score in the finals.

Senior Erin Lutz also earned All-America honors by finishing eighth in the one-meter springboard competition. Together, the two divers accounted for all of Princeton's 27 points at the championships, good for 25th place. See Tuesday's 'Prince' for the full story.

Fencing

The men's and women's fencing teams traveled to Kenosha, Wisc., for the NCAA Championships March 22-25. The men's and women's teams combined to finish fifth overall, but the story of the meet was the Tigers' individual performances. Freshman Soren Thompson won the men's epee competition, beating Penn State's Adam Wiercioch, 15-12, in the championship bout.

A heartbreaking 15-14 loss in the individual semifinals put sophomore Mindy Rostal out of contention for an NCAA championship in women's foil, but she then defeated Ute Breden of Stanford, 15-8, to secure the bronze medal. See Tuesday's 'Prince' for the full story.

Wrestling

The wrestling team had limited success at the NCAA Championships in Iowa City, Iowa. Sophomore Greg Parker fared the best at 174 lbs., coming back from a first-round loss to win two matches in the consolation bracket. Senior Ryan Bonfiglio also lost his first-round match at 165 lbs. and then won his first consolation match, but fell in a close third match. Wrestling at 133 lbs., senior Juan Venturi lost both of his matches.

Women's Golf

Princeton took home first place March 19-20 from the Jacksonville Invitational. Holding first place after the first round, the Tigers found themselves the champions after the second day was rained out. Freshman Esty Dweck finished in first place individually after firing a 76.

Softball

March 17

Villanova 3, Princeton 0 Princeton 6, Villanova 2

March 22

Mercer 3, Princeton 1 Princeton 9, Mercer 1

March 23

Cleveland State 4, Princeton 3 UConn 1, Princeton 0

March 24

Maryland 1, Princeton 0 Troy State 10, Princeton 7

Men's Tennis

March 18

Pepperdine 5, Princeton 2

March 20

San Diego State 5, Princeton 2

March 21

Princeton 5, San Diego 2

March 22

USC 7, Princeton 0

March 24

Princeton 4, Loyola Marymount 3

Women's Tennis

March 19

Pepperdine 5, Princeton 2

March 21

Princeton 5, Denver 2

March 23

San Diego State 6, Princeton 1

Women's Water Polo

March 16

Princeton 14, Villanova 7 Princeton 11, Hartwick 6

March 24

Princeton 20, Salem-International 3

March 25

Princeton 14, Bucknell 7 Princeton 12, George Washington 3