News & Notes

This past weekend was a very successful one for Princeton athletics, and several individuals reaped rewards for their efforts during it.

The women's hockey team led the way, as junior forward Andrea Kilbourne received ECAC Player of the Week honors, and freshman forward Gretchen Anderson was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week.

In the Tigers' 5-2 win Saturday over Cornell, Kil-bourne scored two goals, including the game winner, and had an assist. The next day, in Princeton's 3-2 loss to St. Lawrence, Kilbourne assisted on both of the Tigers' goals.

Anderson earned her honors by scoring a goal and racking up two assists in the dominant victory over the Big Red.

The weekend was far more dramatic for the women's basketball team, as Princeton battled Yale to a tense 67-63 loss Friday night at Jadwin Gym and then knocked off Brown Saturday in a 66-65, triple-overtime thriller.

Sophomore forward Maureen Lane was dominant in both contests, and was accorded Ivy League Player of the Week honors for her efforts. Lane piled up 61 points on the weekend, 31 against Yale and 30 against Brown. She also scored the decisive basket in the third overtime against the Bears, securing the Tigers their second win on the year.

The Ivy League also announced the All-Ivy team for track based on athletes' performances at the Heptagonal Championships. Six members of the men's team made first-team All-Ivy: freshman Josh McCaughey in the weight throw, senior Scott Denbo in the shot put, senior Jonathan Jessup in the pole vault, junior Tora Harris in the high jump, senior Tensai Asfaw in the 1000 meters, and the 4x800 relay team.

Junior Lauren Simmons earned first-team honors in the 800, while the 4x400 relay team made second-team All-Ivy.