Passing the torch

A new group of editors takes over The Daily Princetonian with this issue. We will continue the tradition of journalistic integrity that has marked the first 121 years of this newspaper. And when a story breaks, you can count on us to be there.

The 1999 Managing Board is already off to a running start. Today we launch our daily online edition at www.dailyprincetonian.com. With discussion groups, a search engine, graphics and a user-friendly layout, the 'Prince' Above the Fold will be a central part of the paper in the coming year. The News section will continue to cover the who's, what's and where's of the University, while increasing the number of investigative pieces and features. We will strive to present the news in a visually appealing, creative format by giving the 'Prince' a face-lift in the coming months. The Editorial page will seek a wider variety of opinions by canvassing the campus for weekly point-counterpoint columns while the sports section will add a statistics page to each issue to give readers scores at a glance.

We are determined to address the issues important to the University in an accurate and honest way. We are dedicated to publishing the best newspaper we can. We hope readers will continue to turn to the 'Prince' for more than just the headlines and ads because the staff and board at 48 U-Place will work hard to bring it all home.

Look out, Princeton, here we come. CHRISTINE B. WHELAN '99 Editor-in-Chief