The Council of the Princeton University Community’s (CPUC) Committee on Naming recommended the name "Rivers Way" to the Board of Trustees.
An entirely student-run coffee shop opened to large and eager crowds of students on Sunday, April 14, in the Campus Club Tap Room.
Sustainability will be on the ballot in the University Student Government (USG) Spring Elections next week. The Princeton Student Climate Initiative (PSCI) has placed a referendum on the USG ballot calling for the University to reduce carbon emissions. The University has already set a goal for carbon neutrality by 2046, but the PSCI sees the current goal as unclear and incomprehensive.
On March 23, the man entered Dunkin’, Small World Coffee, and the Bent Spoon and posed as a worker for “Metro Fire Prevention” — a fictitious company — which was supposedly located at 1485 State Street, Trenton, NJ.
At the forefront of calls for a name change to the Wilson School was the Black Justice League (BJL), a student activist organization that coordinated one of the biggest protests in Princeton history — a demonstration on the steps of Nassau Hall in 2015 followed by a 33-hour sit-in.
1vyG organizers posted to the University’s Instagram story in a planned “takeover” on Sunday, Feb. 17. The post was later taken down by the University, to the chagrin of the conference organizers.
The Princeton Town Council approved the settlement Monday for a lawsuit alleging discrimination on the part of the Princeton Police Department.
YATs have the same rights and duties as other members of the Board, and their twofold responsibility is to serve the University and “provide a perspective” to the Board based on their recent experiences as students.
Despite being a premier public policy school, the Woodrow Wilson School of International and Public Affairs grapples with an paradoxical phenomenon: few of its undergraduate alumni go into public service.
The courtyard between Henry, Foulke, and 1901-Laughlin halls will be named the Beatrix Farrand Courtyard after famed landscape architect Beatrix Farrand, who worked at the University from 1912-1943 as its first consulting landscape architect. Farrand was one of the 11 founding members and the only female member of the American Society of Landscape Architects. She designed and influenced many elements of campus, including the Graduate College, Henry and Foulke halls, McCosh Health Center, and the Dinky station.