What's hot on campus?

Poetry: Songline Slam Poetry presents ‘Kidz Bop Newbie Arch’

Even if you don’t think of yourself as someone who can appreciate slam poetry, we hope that you at least think of yourself as someone who can appreciate a reference to Kidz Bop. Do you really qualify as a millennial otherwise? Join Songline this Thursday night as it celebrates its kidz (read: new members and budding poets), be it on your way to Prospect Avenue debauchery, a late-night study break or just for the feels.

1879 Arch

Thursday, 11 p.m.

*

Dance: BodyHype presents ‘Guest Workshops with Youran Lee and Esosa Oviasu’

Good news: this weekend, you don’t have to be in BodyHype to dance with BodyHype. Join the company in the two workshops they are hosting: Friday with Youran Lee, artistic director of New York-based hip hop dance team The Neighbors; Saturday with Esosa Oviasu, who is also artistic (and executive) director of The Neighbors as well as a member of award-winning EPIC Motion dance company. Oviasu specializes in breaking, popping, house and urban choreography. No auditions required, obviously, just energy and good vibes.

Friday, 5 p.m. at Dillon Multipurpose Room

Saturday, 4 p.m. at Wilcox Dance Studio

*

Event: The Minority Association of Pre-Health Students and the Princeton Premedical Society present ‘Arts vs. Disease’

If you’re bummed out by the fact that you never manage to get into to those performing arts extravaganzas — featuring every singing, dance, instrumental, slam poetry and comedy group on campus — that are hosted for the frosh, then you might want to take a gander at Arts vs. Disease. Featuring 17 groups, including some we didn’t know existed, this particular arts extravaganza has one up on those twice-yearly University-sponsored shows — all proceeds from the $5 ticket go toward the health organization designated by the group voted best-in-show by audience members.

Taplin Auditorium

Saturday, 7 p.m.

*

Music: ‘An Hour with Idan Raichel’

For one single hour on Monday, Israeli musician, composer and producer Idan Raichel will be on stage at Taplin Auditorium. If you don’t know who he is, you can go armed with this knowledge: He speaks — or at least sings — in four languages (Hebrew, Arabic, Amharic and Tigrinya), has performed with artists from all over the world (Ethiopia, Yemen, Colombia, Rwanda, Sudan and more.) The event is co-sponsored by Tigers for Israel, Dorobucci, the International Students Association of Princeton, Koleinu, the Princeton African Students Association and Umqombothi.

Taplin Auditorium

Monday, 8 p.m.