Today's Front Page
Try our latest crossword
Read our Earth Day special issue

Juan José López Haddad

Email Juan José López Haddad

Illustration by Payton Croskey / The Daily Princetonian

Sydney Peng / The Daily Princetonian 

PART I | A History of American Partisanship

“That consensus does not mean the in-existence of factions. Political parties, while causing division and generating instances of unsavory speech, are necessary as instruments of consensus-making. No one is “above politics.”  

“That consensus does not mean the in-existence of factions. Political parties, while causing division and generating instances of unsavory speech, are necessary as instruments of consensus-making. No one is ‘above politics.’” 

Finding your academic home at Princeton

As you embark in the endeavor of choosing — or surviving — a concentration, be cognizant of these tips. Email that one cool professor you had and set up a time to meet or have coffee. Apply to that interesting fellowship you might have seen on a website or in an email — all there is to lose is a couple of hours.

Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

In praise of his folly: Newman’s empty crusade against elitism

The elitism identified by Newman is all too prevalent. But he is not the antidote; he is its logical extension. The only way to differentiate oneself from Princeton’s elitism is to actually help the world and topple people like Newman from their thrones of self-styled cultural supremacy.  And it is this consciousness, rather than the subpar model of a Gatsby, that should animate any practice that seeks not only to overcome the standard Princeton elitism, but the self-humiliating pretensions of Newman himself.

More articles »