Andrei Iosivas ’23 makes the Cincinnati Bengals’ 53-man roster

A football player in a white uniform jumps to make a catch. It is dark outside, and he is surrounded by players dressed in black with burgundy helmets.
Iosivas in game action during his senior season at Princeton.
Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.com.

Earlier this week, the 2022 Phil Steele Ivy Offensive Player of the Year Andrei Iosivas ’23 officially became an active player for NFL’s Cincinnati Bengals by cracking the team’s 53-man roster after their preseason cuts. 

Iosivas was drafted in the sixth round of the 2023 NFL Draft this April and now joins the Bengals’ wide receiver lineup alongside NFL veterans including Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. 

“It’s awesome, it’s what I’ve wanted and worked for, for so long,” Iosivas wrote to The Daily Princetonian. "It feels like I belong [in Cincinnati] and everyone here makes the transition a lot easier.” 

Iosivas, one of only eight rookies who made the 53-man roster, was the Bengals' leading preseason receiver. His performance included scoring a wide-open touchdown against the Washington Commanders, four contested catches, and a total of 12 completions for 129 yards throughout his three preseason appearances. His agility on the field also stood out, as he looks to continue to get playing time in September.

With this success, Iosivas is making his mark in Princeton football history, becoming just the 37th Tiger to play in the NFL. 

“It’s a huge honor, and I’m grateful for those who came before me and honored to be in the same company as them,” Iosivas wrote to the ‘Prince.’ “I hope more Tigers will be able to join us in the near future!”

Iosivas credits much of his professional football success to his time as a Tiger. “Princeton has made me the man I am today, through the good and the bad, I wouldn’t change a thing. There’s a reason you go to an institution like [Princeton], and it is to grow as a man,” Iosivas expressed to the ‘Prince’. 

As week one of the NFL season kicks off this weekend, Iosivas will continue to wear Black and Orange for the Bengals against the Cleveland Browns.

Ava Seigel is a contributor to the Sports section at the ‘Prince.’

Please direct any corrections requests to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.