Football standout Andrei Iosivas competes in Senior Bowl

Andrei Iosivas.jpg

Andrei Iosivas in action at the Senior Bowl

Photo courtesy of @Princetonftbl/twitter

On Saturday, Feb. 4, senior wide receiver Andrei Iosivas participated in the Reese’s Senior Bowl, a showcase of the best National Football League (NFL) draft prospects in the nation. Following in the footsteps of Hollie Donan ’51 and Caraun Reid ’14, Iosivas is the third Tiger to play in the Senior Bowl and the first Ivy League representative since 2016.  

The Honolulu-born captain is coming off his best season to date. Iosivas finished the 2022 season with 66 receptions, 943 yards, and seven touchdowns. His season earned him national honors, including First-Team All-Ivy, Associated Press Second-Team All-America, and Senior Bowl Offensive Player of the Week, among many others. 

Iosivas’ talents extend beyond the football field to Princeton’s track. Named a 2022 NCAA All-American in the heptathlon, Iosivas holds the NCAA Indoor Championships record for the fastest 60-meter ever at 6.71 seconds and has been named Ivy League Champion in the event three times.  

Leading up to the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, Iosivas displayed his skills in front of the NFL scouts present at practice. Up against some of the best secondary defenders in the country, Iosivas held his own in one-on-one drills, boasting a great release and generating immediate separation. As an athlete in a Non-Power Five conference, Iosivas’ Senior Bowl performance demonstrated that he could play against the highest level of competition. 

“If you could build the ideal wideout prospect, it’d look something like Iosivas,” The Draft Network’s scouting report on Iosivas explained. “On his out-breaking routes, Iosivas displays an innate ability to break his routes without losing any speed, making him a matchup nightmare for corners throughout their entire phase.” 

During the Senior Bowl itself, Iosivas had one carry for the American team and was overthrown by Texas Christian University (TCU) quarterback Max Duggan in the end-zone. While unable to log a reception, Iosivas’s draft stock has reportedly risen throughout the week, as some mock drafts currently have him projected as a fourth to sixth-round pick.  

“I’m going to get drafted, it’s just a question of when and where,” Iosivas wrote to The Daily Princetonian. “I’ll be grateful to any team that wants to take a shot on me. I think I have all the potential in the world and can’t wait to just hone my craft by focusing on just football.”

Eric Lee is a senior writer for the Sports section at the ‘Prince.’ Please direct any corrections requests to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.