Damani Leech ’98 hired as president of Denver Broncos

155A5AA4_5115_4467_8B5F_D6D8684167FC.png
Leech was a three-time All-Ivy First Team selection at Princeton. Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.com

The National Football League’s (NFL) Denver Broncos hired Damani Leech ’98 as the team’s newest president, the team announced on Aug. 11. 

While an undergraduate at the University, Leech concentrated in the School of Public and International Affairs, and starred as a three-time All-Ivy First Team defensive back on the football team.

“My time at Princeton was foundational in my career development — whether it was developing critical-thinking and analytical skills in the School of Public and International Affairs; or essential skills forged on the football field like teamwork and resiliency,” Leech wrote in an email to The Daily Princetonian.

After graduating from Princeton, Leech worked for NCAA for 17 years, eventually taking the role of the Managing Director of Championships. In 2015, he joined the NFL as the Vice President of Football Strategy and Business Development and, before his new role, served as the Chief Operating Officer for NFL International.

“What really got me excited about this opportunity was getting the chance work with and for a world-class ownership group as part of a transition to a new era of Broncos football that merges the rich tradition of the team with a focus on growth and innovation across all parts of the business,” Leech continued. 

“I’m eager to join ownership, our football leadership, Senior Team and staff on a mission to make this the best club to play for, cheer for and work for in all of sports,” he added.

Leech takes the helm of a franchise that made waves in the NFL off-season by acquiring former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson in a blockbuster trade. As the NFL preseason gets underway, Leech, Wilson, and company will look to bring Denver their third Super Bowl appearance and second championship in the last decade. 

Wilson Conn is a co-head editor for the Sports section at the ‘Prince.’ He can be reached at wconn@princeton.edu or on Twitter at @wilson_conn.