Corey Andonovski ’22 signs with the Pittsburgh Penguins

Corey Andonovski.png
Corey Andonovski against LIU. 
Photo courtesy of Shelley M. Szwast/GoPrincetonTigers

Corey Andonovski, a senior forward for the men’s hockey team, has signed an entry-level contract (ELC) with the Pittsburgh Penguins from the National Hockey League (NHL). While the exact terms of the deal have not been released at the time of publication, the contract will kick in for the 2022–2023 season.

In addition to the ELC, Andonovski signed an Amateur Tryout (ATO) for the next few weeks. The ATO allows him to join the Penguins’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, for the remainder of their season. At the conclusion of the season, Andonovski will return to Princeton to finish the semester.

Andonovski, who is turning 23 later this month and is set to graduate in May, led the team with 10 goals and 12 assists for a total of 22 points in 31 games this past season. In his three-year career with Princeton, the Uxbridge, Ontario native tallied 21 goals and 29 assists for 50 points in 80 games.

“I'm super excited to be part of the Penguins organization,” Andonovski told the ‘Prince.’ “Joining such a great organization has been a dream of mine ever since I was little, and I can't thank all of my teammates and coaches I've had over the years [enough] — as well as my family and friends who have been by my side through it all.”

Ben Burns is an Associate Sports Editor at the Prince who typically covers basketball, hockey, and soccer. He can be reached at bwburns@princeton.edu or on Twitter @bwburns5_.