Princeton to hold ‘limited’ vaccine clinics for international students, on-campus staff this week

There are approximately 250 doses available for Thursday and 230 for Friday

Covid vaccine distribution_dominant media.png
Harsimran Makkad / The Daily Princetonian

In a Tuesday evening email to faculty, staff, and researchers, the University announced that it will be holding vaccine clinics with “very limited vaccine doses” on Thursday and Friday.

The doses have been allocated through local health authorities, and those who are eligible to be vaccinated at the clinics are being contacted directly.

The student vaccine clinic on Thursday, April 29, will be held by the Princeton Health Department in partnership with University Health Services. Vaccine doses are being allocated through the Princeton Health Department.

Eligible international students generally include those who may be returning to a country where it would be difficult to receive an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. These students can schedule an appointment on the online UHS portal to receive the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Thursday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Jadwin Gymnasium.

International students were sent a survey on Tuesday morning to indicate interest in receiving the J&J vaccine.

The staff vaccine clinic on Friday is being conducted by the Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center, which also allocated the doses.

According to the email, eligible staff members include those “in specific roles who must perform their work on campus,” in accordance with state guidance. These staff members will be contacted directly to make an appointment for the Friday clinic.

Deputy University Spokesperson Michael Hotchkiss told The Daily Princetonian that there are approximately 250 doses available on Thursday, and approximately 230 on Friday.

“While we hope for more vaccine supply in the coming weeks, we strongly encourage faculty and staff to take advantage of the increased availability of vaccines at public clinics and pharmacies,” the University’s vaccine webpage notes.

Hotchkiss confirmed that the University has not yet received vaccine doses from the state.

Adults ages 16 and older are currently eligible for the vaccine in New Jersey; please visit the COVID-19 Information Hub for more information on scheduling appointments at state-run sites and pharmacies.

Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to reflect that Thursday’s vaccine doses were allocated by the Princeton Health Department, not by Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center.