U. offers early admission to 791 students for the Class of 2024

Nassau Hall
Marcia Brown / The Daily Princetonian

The University has selected 791 students for admittance to the Class of 2024 through Single-Choice Early Action (SCEA).

The Office of Admission mailed letter notifications to student applicants on Dec. 12. Applicants could view their admissions decisions through online access starting at 7 p.m. on Thursday. 

The admitted students include residents from 48 U.S. states, as well as Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Accepted international students hail from 33 countries and represent 11 percent of the admitted students.

Forty-eight percent of the domestic admitted students identified themselves as students of color, representing a two percent decrease from last year’s proportion of domestic students of color.

Thirteen percent of the accepted students would become first-generation college students.

The accepted students, together with students who deferred admission to previous classes and the students who will be admitted through Regular Decision in March, will make up the Class of 2024.

The SCEA process is non-binding, meaning students accepted to the University through the early admission process can apply to other colleges and universities and have until May 1 to make a final decision on which institution at which to matriculate.

The deadline for applying to the University through the Regular Decision process is Jan. 1. Students deferred through the early round of admissions will receive a final decision from the University on the same day as those who applied to the University through Regular Decision.

For the third consecutive academic year, the University will admit transfer students, who apply through a separate process. The deadline for submission of transfer applications is March 1.

Amelia Feiner said the day was one of “a lot of tension” and “a lot of nerves” at her high school given the number of universities releasing decisions. At 7 p.m., she opened her acceptance letter on the floor of her living room beside a fireplace. She said the decision had her feeling reassured and relieved.

“It feels really good to be wanted,” Amelia said. “I’ve already felt validated because I’ve gotten a great education, but this is just the cherry on top.”

Amelia is excited to spend the next two years on campus with her sister, Ella Feiner ’22. The two shared a room for 15 years prior to Ella’s matriculation.

“We’re planning on going running together a lot and hanging out,” Amelia said. “We’re really best friends …. It’s going to be so nice to have that support on campus.”