USG approves funding for Yardparties, Princeton Electronica Concert

usg 4/14/19

Source: Brad Spicher ’20 / Daily Princetonian

USG approved funding for Yardparties and a Projects Board Funding request for a Princeton Electronica. 

“[Yardparties is] an event that is open to undergraduates of all years and is mostly oriented toward students in co-ops that’s put on by the co-ops. They get a performer and an event and it’s a whole thing, they get a lot of food,“ said Brad Spicher ’20, Undergraduate Student Government Treasurer.

“We approved $2,000 for [Yardparties] which was a bit lower than the $2,500 we had last semester, but it’s still satisfactory to the people who asked for the money,” he said.

The funding will not take money out of the budget for next semester, according to meeting minutes by Secretary Claire McCarriher ’21.

Kavya Chaturvedi ’21 requested funding on behalf of the Projects Board for Princeton Electronica, a concert with DJ Prince Fox for students not in eating clubs which would take place the night before Lawnparties in East Pyne Courtyard. 

For the 400 people projected to attend the event, Chaturvedi requested $4,000, part of which is Alcohol Initiative funded and part of which is Projects Board funded.

Finally, Christopher Walton ’21 was unanimously confirmed as Campus and Community Affairs Chair.

“I plan to focus on emphasizing the role of campus workers as part of the University community, as well as deconstructing socioeconomic hurdles that students face both on and off campus,” Walton wrote in a statement to USG.

This meeting was held in 8 p.m. in Lewis Library 138.