U. announces candidates for this year's Young Alumni Trustee

Twenty-one members of the Class of 2018 are vying to serve as the 2018 Young Alumni Trustee on the University’s Board of Trustees. The Young Alumni Trustee position, established in 1969, was instituted to “ensure that the Board would always include four members with recent experience as undergraduates.” The Board reasoned that younger members will reflect “the needs, concerns, and interests of the current generation of Princeton undergraduates.” Young Alumni Trustees are given equal responsibilities and powers as all other Board members.

Elected during their respective senior years, each Young Alumni Trustee serves a four-year term. The selected graduating senior will serve alongside Achille Tenkiang ’17, Azza Cohen ’16, and Tumi Akinlawon ’15.

The seniors running, in alphabetical order, are: Tasha Brown, Jeremy Burton, Anyssa Chebbi, Sydney Cheong, Jackson Forbes, Mark Goldstein, Luis Gonzalez-Yante, Michelle Greenfield, Myesha Jemison, Anhar Karim, Brandon McGhee, Vojislav Mitrovic, Soraya Morales Nuñez, Stuart Pomeroy, Miranda Rosen, Folasade Runcie, Catherine Sharp, Jillian Silbert, Wilglory Tanjong, Masako Toyoda, and Nick Wu.

Wu is a former head opinion editor for The Daily Princetonian. 

In order to enter voting, seniors must attend an information session and obtain 50 petition signatures by eligible members of the Class of 2018. Although 50 seniors picked up petitions — 14 more than the previous year — 21 students ultimately submitted. 

Over the last eighteen years, the average number of candidates has stood at 25, making this year’s slate slightly smaller than typical. 

Voting takes place over two rounds. From Tuesday, Feb. 27 until Thursday, March 8, members of the Class of 2018 will be able to vote, narrowing the candidate list down to three choices. From May 1 to May 23, members of the Classes of 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 will vote in the general round to select the final trustee.

Election results will be announced at the annual Alumni Council Luncheon at Reunions on Friday, June 1.