News and Notes: Princeton names Deanna Stockton new head engineer

The town of Princeton has named Assistant Principal Municipal Engineer Deanna Stockton as its new head engineer. Stockton's installation will mark the replacement of former head engineer Bob Kiser. This announcement came from town officials in an announcement Monday night.

The change will take effect at the end of June and will mark the end of Kiser's 33-year term as Princeton Township's head engineer.

Kiser hired Stockton in 2000 to serve as the Princeton's assistant township engineer, but Stockton had to leave the post in 2002 when she relocated with her husband to the Netherlands, where her husband was placed on a job assignment. Stockton returned to Princeton in 2005 and has since served the township as its assistant engineer.

According to an article on PlanetPrinceton.com, Stockton has participated in every major municipal project in the past decade that has occurred in the consolidated Princeton and the former township. She played an integral role in leading the $4.4 million Mountain Lakes dredging and dam restoration project, as well as the $6.7 million Community Park pool and recreation facility improvements. Other projects Stockton has spearheaded include the renovation of the former Princeton Borough municipal building and several roadway improvement projects.

Stockton, whom town officials praise for her ability to work well with other government entities, residents, and the University, will lead a department of 11. She will work alongside Jack West, municipal land use engineer.

Her projects so far have worked to secure grants for roadway buildup, organize a plan for bicycles and continue work on the University bike share program.