News&Notes: Gilbert Jr. '09 does not show up to court, requests audience with "people at Cablevision"

Thomas Gilbert Jr. ’09, who allegedly shot and killed his father Thomas Gilbert Sr. ’66lastJanuary, did not show up to his court trial on Wednesday and requested an audience with "people at Cablevision," according to New York Daily News.

Gilbert had a history of delusions and reported in the past that he has been contacted through the television, according the New York Daily News.

His case was open for a pre-trial update, but he failed to appear and refused to speak with his defense attorney.

"My client would not give me reasons why he would not come to court," Gilbert Jr.'s attorney Alex Spiro reported to the judge Wednesday, New York Daily News reported.

In an interview with the New York Daily News, Spiro said Gilbert Jr. had asked him multiple times to contact Cablevision, but provided no reason.

Gilbert Jr. was deemed mentally fit to stand trial in Januaryby Judge Melissa Jackson. Spiro had earlier notified the district attorney's office that Gilbert Jr. suffered fromschizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and delusional disorder, which prompted Jackson to request records related to his psychiatric defense.

According to the New York Daily News, prosecutors want to prevent Gilbert Jr. from a psychiatric defense, which might make preparing for trial difficult if he does not cooperate.

"I just don't see how it's fair to the district attorney's office, frankly," Jackson said in an interview with the New York Daily News.