Candidates for USG elections announced

There are 22 candidates in the upcoming USG elections, USG president Ella Cheng ’16 announced in an email to the student body on Monday.

Cheng is a former staff writer for the Daily Princetonian.

Aleksandra Czulak ’17, Grant Golub ’17 and Simon Wu ’17 are running for USG president. Czulak is currently the vice president, Golub is the former chief elections manager and Wu is currently the social committee chair.

Golub is a former copy editor and staff writer for the ‘Prince.’

Jeremy Burton ’18 and Shobhit Kumar ’18 are the candidates for USG vice president. Burton is currently the executive secretary and Kumar is currently a U-Councilor.

Hunter Dong ’17, the current treasurer, is running for reelection unopposed.

Patrick Flanigan ’18, David Landeta ’19 and Shannon Osaka ’17 are running for academics committee chair, and Lyon Aung ’18 and Class of 2018 senator Rachel Park ’18 are running for social committee chair.

Michael Cox ’17, the current campus and community affairs committee chair, is running for reelection unopposed, and Jenny Zhang ’18 is running for University Student Life Committee chair unopposed.

Additionally, nine students are running for the position of Class Senator.

Current Class of 2017 senators Kishan Bhatt ’17 and Cailin Hong ’17 are running for reelection.

Hong is a former design editor for the ‘Prince.’

Current Class of 2018 senator Paul Draper ’18 is also running for the same position. The other Class of 2018 position will be appointed after the elections since there is only one candidate.

Ruby Guo ’19, Wesley Johnson ’19, Chris Kellogg-Peeler ’19, Andrew Ma ’19, Kai Xin Tai ’19 and Sarah Varghese ’19 are running for the two Class of 2019 senator positions.

Campaigning began on Monday, and voting will begin on Nov. 23, according to Cheng's email.