U. names nine to Board of Trustees

The University named nine members to the Board of Trustees earlier this week.

They are Lori Dickerson Fouché ’91; Arminio Fraga GS ’85; Paul Maeder ’75; Anne Sherrerd GS ’87; Doris Sohmen-Pao ’93; returning trustees Laure Forese ’83, Louise Sams ’79 and C. James Yeh ’87; and young alumni trustee Tumi Akinlawon ’15.

Forese, Sams and Yeh were elected by the board to serve as eight-year charter trustees.

Forese, of Franklin Lakes, N.J., earned her degree in civil engineering and is the president of New York-Presbyterian Healthcare system.

From Atlanta, Sams graduated with a degree in English and currently serves as the executive vice president and general counsel of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

A senior managing director of the global financial institution Citadel Group, Yeh, of Hinsdale, Ill., studied physics at the University.

Fraga, Maeder and Sohmen-Pao were elected as four-year term trustees.

Graduating in economics, Fraga, of Rio de Janeiro chaired the central bank of Brazil and co-founded Gávea Investimentos, an asset management firm later purchased by J.P. Morgan.

After earning his degree in aerospace and mechanical engineering, Maeder chaired the National Venture Capital Association and founded Highland Capital Partners, a firm investing in companies in robotics, software and online education. Maeder currently resides in Cambridge, Mass.

Sohmen-Pao studied politics at the University and previously served as a Young Alumni Trustee from 1993 to 1997. She is the vice president of Yale-NUS in Singapore and was previously the director of human capital at Bain & Company.

Fouché and Sherrerd were elected as four-year alumni trustees. After receiving her degree in history, Fouché, of Montclair, N.J., was appointed president and CEO of Fireman's Fund Insurance Co., and is now the CEO of Prudential Insurance Group.

Sherrerd, of Riverside, Conn., graduated with a master's degree from the Architecture School. Sherrerd has served on a number of alumni councils and committees, including the Princeton Prize in Race Relations. She is joining the advisory council for the University Art Museum in July. Sherred also co-founded Abeles Sherrerd Architects, which specializes in the interior design of residential homes.

Akinlawon, the Young Alumni Trustee, will be working as an energy practice consultant with Boston Consulting Group beginning in the fall.

The trustees elect charter and term trustees, but alumni trustees are elected by the Alumni Council. The Young Alumni Trustee is elected by the junior, senior and two most recent alumni classes. All trustees take office on July 1.