What's hot on campus?

Artistic: PSEC Halloween Makeup Tutorial

Work, essays, problem sets and exams are starting to hit everyone hard, and midterms week isn't even here yet! When it does come, we know it won’t be pretty. Fortunately though, with Halloween and, more importantly, Princetoween coming up, freaky and ugly are in! You can count on Princeton’s Student Events Committee to help you learn how to look your worst. Join them for an evening of Halloween face-painting lessons, free makeup giveaways and a Halloween costume accessory raffle! And get ready to wow during midterms week with your funky, freaky looks.

Frist Campus Center East TV Lounge

Thursday, 7 p.m.

Active: Team U Color Craze 5K

If you are jealous of the fall foliage and the maple trees changing colors all around you, becoming radiantly red, ostentatiously orange and yearningly yellow, it is now your chance to outshine the trees. Participate in Team U’s color run, in which participants are dusted liberally with colored powder as they run along the course. And all for a good cause — proceeds from the event will be donated to Shoe4Africa children’s hospital. Wear white and sunglasses, and prepare for a transformative experience.

Bloomberg Hall

Saturday, 10 a.m.

Concert: Princeton University Orchestra

As the fall weather brings cooler temperatures, the night sky seems to get clearer and clearer, with the stars and planets shining more and more brightly. Add a soundtrack to your stargazing during your late-night walks to and from the depths of Firestone — or perhaps late meal — by attending PUO’s concert, featuring Paul Lansky’s “Line and Shadow,” Mozart’s “Violin Concerto No. 5 in A Major” and Holst’s “The Planets,” featuring a solo performance by Nick Apter-Vidler ’14 on the violin.

Richardson Auditorium

Friday and Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Theatre: Uncle Vanya

Want a distraction from studying for midterms this weekend without feeling guilty? Attend the intellectually stimulating performance of Anton Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, which is both dark and humorous. Not only does this play feature a professor, unrequited love, boredom and booze (what Princeton student couldn’t relate?), it is directed by Princeton’s own professor of English and playwright R.N. Sandberg and features a senior performance by Zachary Salk '14 as Vanya.

Marie and Edward Matthews ’53 Acting Studio, Lewis Center for the Arts

Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.

Fitness: USG Free Fitness Cycle

Midterms are coming. There is no denying it. They are looming, and as hard as we try, we cannot run and we cannot hide. We can, however, cycle in place. For free. Do you feel like a hamster, spinning the wheel but never going anywhere? Make those feelings a reality, grab a bike and start pedaling. Might as well burn some calories because I know and you know that blank Word document isn't changing any time soon. There will also be a raffle for a free fitness punchcard. Go for it because as a wise fellow Ivy Leaguer once said, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!" (Please note, she doesn't say anything about passing your midterms so no promises.)

Dillon Gymnasium cycle room

Sunday, 4 p.m.