What's hot on campus?

Theater: Student Playwrights Festival

Come see the theatrical prowess of your fellow Princetonians! Theatre Intime presents four plays — each written, directed and performed by your peers. “Dirty Dogs,”  an exciting crime noir piece, was written by Ben Barron ’13 and directed by Tyler Lawrence ’16. “Mix ‘n Match” investigates the power of massage therapy and was written by Ava Geyer ’15 and directed by Jack Moore ’15. “What in Creation Was That All About?”  is a quirky adaptation of the biblical creation story, written by Sonya Hayden ’16 and directed by Emily Fockler ’16. “Tops, Bottoms and Sidepockets” is based on the novel by Robin Versage and portrays the story of a young man’s survival and search for companionship in L.A. This adaptation was written by Sean Drohan ’14 and directed by Rachel Wilson ’16. Don’t miss this powerful lineup!

Theatre Intime

Thursday through Saturday, 8 p.m.

Theater: “In the Next Room” 

Are you feeling stressed? Lonely? Well, have no fear, for the Lewis Center for the Arts’ Program in Theater presents a production of Sarah Ruhl’s play, “In the Next Room,”  directed by theater student Sarah Hedgecock ’13. This play, dubbed the Vibrator Play, brings to life the creation of a certain medical device pioneered in the dawn of the electrical age to treat “hysteria.” This play is the perfect relaxer for all you tense students stressed about midterms. Go see what the buzz is all about!

Berlind Theatre

Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.

Concert: Princeton University Orchestra March 2013 Concerts

You’ve probably heard about parents who play classical music to their newborn babies in the hope that it will make them smarter. Well, here at Princeton, we have a lot of geniuses who also happen to be incredibly talented musicians! Coincidence? We think not! PUO is putting on two concerts featuring three winners of the 2013 Concerto Competition. There will be performances of Bach’s “Piano Concerto No. 5 in F Minor” by Paul Von Autenreid ’16, Vivaldi’s “Bassoon Concerto in E Minor” by Louisa Slosar ’15 and Beethoven’s “Piano Concerto No. 1 in C Major” by Jeff Li ’13 Additionally, the orchestra will be performing Preludes to Acts I and III of Wagner’s “Tristan und Isolde.”

Richardson Auditorium

Friday and Saturday, 7:30 p.m. 

Comedy: Third Floor Snicker! A Stand-Up Comedy Show!

Tired from sitting in class all day? Balance it with some stand-up comedy! The newly rebooted Stand-Up Comedy Club is presenting “Third Floor Snicker,”  which will be its first show of the year. Performers range from experienced stand-up comedians to amateurs, so you’ll be sure to laugh, whether it be at the jokes themselves or simply your friends’ failed attempts to be funny. If you’re feeling extra bold, why not sign up to perform as well? Email dgupta@princeton.edu to participate.

Rocky Common Room 

Saturday, 8 p.m.