Gift guide: Boyfriend

Buying a gift for your boyfriend is like having a good hair day when it’s raining — it’s impossible. Too often we get stuck trying to find the most awe-inspiring option when, in actuality, all he wants is something simple, thoughtful and practical. This year, try finding gifts that speak to his interests and can add to his daily routine. It shows that you notice the little things about him and appreciate their value.

Leather notebook, $26, Bucks County Dry Goods, 51 Palmer Square West

This notebook is the perfect way to show your boyfriend his ideas are worth recording in a stylish space. Featuring a wraparound strap and a pencil pocket, the notebook’s design is contemporary, and its size is manageable, making it easy for him to carry it aroun d campus in his bag. He will appreciate having a place to jot down tidbits from his day or things he has to remember for the week. Whether it’s used for creative or academic purposes, this notebook is a simple way to make him smile.

Slim Oxford Shirt in Holiday Red, $65, J. Crew, 1 Palmer Square

No matter what his personal style, this oxford is sure to be a nice addition to his closet. The color scheme is universally flattering, and the cut should make him feel sharp and fashionable. In addition, this shirt is not limited to a certain occasion; it can be worn in both casual and semi-formal settings. It’s a classic choice that will never go out of style. Plus, he will look so handsome on your next date night out on the town.

The Bar10der, $49.95, Kitchen Kapers, 23 Hulfish St.

This gift is perfect for a boy who is constantly looking for ways to expand his gadget collection. The Bar10der is an innovative device that comes equipped with 10 bartending tools — the muddler, standard and channel knives, reamer, jigger, zester, stirrer, strainer, corkscrew and bottle opener.

This gizmo will come in handy in situations calling for sophisticated alcohol activity. Your boyfriend will have all the necessary elements for the best parties at his fingertips. Never again will he have to scramble to find a bottle opener in those urgent times of need.