News Notes

Ivy Honors

Individuals for the women's hockey team and the men's basketball team garnered Ivy League Rookie of the Week honors for the second week in a row this week.

For men's basketball, it was forward Andre Logan winning the award for the second straight week. Logan's performance this weekend, though not spectacular in any one facet, was outstanding overall. He totalled 19 points and 12 rebounds between the two games.

The most important factor in Logan's selection was his ability to make clutch shots in Princeton's two tense contests this weekend. Against Dart-mouth, Logan's late shot the Tigers the one-point lead that would eventually be wiped out on a Big Green shot in the waning seconds. The next night against Harvard, he made two buckets and hauled down two rebounds in the final minutes to pull Princeton within one, setting up sophomore guard Kyle Wente's miraculous game-winning shot.

Defenseman Angela Gooldy took home Rookie of the Week honors for women's hockey, scoring two points on the weekend. Her first point was her first goal of the season and the first of the Tigers' two against Brown.

Gooldy came back the next day to assist on Princeton's first goal against Harvard. The Tigers would go on to upset the Crimson, 3-1.

Sophomore guard Kyle Wente of men's basketball, junior forward Andrea Kilbourne of women's hockey and sophomore forward Maureen Lane of women's basketball were honorable mention honorees for vy League Player of the Week in their respective sports.