Authorities arrest man suspected of criminal trespassing in Forbes

In Forbes College yesterday, Public Safety officers arrested a man who authorities believe may have been removing items from students' rooms, Crime Prevention Specialist Barry Weiser said.

According to Weiser, Princeton Township Police was detaining the man yesterday. But Township Cpl. Gary Conover refused to release the individual's name or the charges on which he had been arrested.

Weiser said the man was arrested on the charge of criminal trespassing.

Public Safety officers responded and made the arrest after a student reported seeing a suspicious person in Forbes at 1:06 p.m. yesterday.

Weiser said Public Safety does not know whether the man was involved in the five laptop thefts that occurred in Forbes on Monday.

The man allegedly had cash and other valuables on his person at the time of his arrest, according to Weiser.

Weiser said the next step in the Township's investigation will likely be to determine whether the cash and jewels found on the individual's person belong to him.

If they do not, authorities may seek a warrant to search the man's property for other stolen items, Weiser said.

Forbes Director of Studies John Hodgson said he was pleased that Public Safety made an arrest. "With these recent thefts, it has been a bit worrisome down here," he said.