Men's swimming defeats Navy, looks ahead to Easterns

In the men's swimming team's final tune-up before the Eastern Championships, the Tigers sailed past visiting Navy with a dominating 186.5-112.5 victory Sunday at DeNunzio Pool.

With the win, Princeton finished the regular season with a 10-1 record as head coach Rob Orr notched his 59th consecutive home meet win at DeNunzio.

With strong performances up and down the roster, the Tigers surpassed Navy in 12 of 16 events.

In the freestyle competition, sophomores Kevin Volz and Nathan Rebuck combined for three winning performances. Volz was victorious in the 1650 meters, and Rebuck outsprinted the Midshipmen in both the 100 and 200.

Junior Andrew Chadeayne was a winner in the 100 and 200 backstroke while junior Jeff Peterson outswam the competition in the 200 butterfly. Both freshman Paul Cremer and junior Matt Harrigan boosted Princeton on the scoreboard with victories in the 500 free and 400 individual medley, respectively.

From the diving board, senior Andy Shy-ong swept past Navy by winning both the one-meter and the two-meter diving events.

The Tigers now have a few weeks to prepare for the final challenge of the season — the Eastern Championships. Princeton will host the event March 2-5.